Continue The Story

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Allison Schuck, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I never wanted to be rich, anyway. I wouldn't want to have to have walls, security, etc. I would worry about having my loved ones kidnapped. So......

Let's take the gold we have and give it to whatever good cause we choose. Then take the dynamite and seal the trail to the valley permanently.

Terence Eames likes this.
  2. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes wealth can sometimes bring misery. I say we give half to Sister Philomena's Orphanage.

I have an idea. It is rather a wild one. Seeing as we are in North Carolina why not have a crack at solving one of America's most enduring mysteries. The disappearance of the Colony of Roanoke Island. I read about this some years ago and was enthralled by it. We will need the other half of our gold money to finance the expedition.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  3. Terence Eames

Terence Eames Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm happy with whatever you and Shirley decide Craig.
    As for Sister Philomena, I would have been much better off had I been raised in her Orphanage. She's a saint.

I have enough money for myself but I would like to see some of the gold go to the Orphanage.

Roanoke sounds interesting Craig but that was ages ago I think? Late 16th Century? I reckon the Indians wiped them out.

We'd need a boat to go to Roanoke Island. Sister Philomena has a collection of old maps too.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Craig Wilson likes this.
  4. Terence Eames

Registered

Shirley n Craig,

Actually, just been praying about it all. God told me to care for Sister Philomena's Orphanage no matter what. No matter what, I will. God talks to me in my dreams too.

Thinking about that Shirley, with your blessing, I'd like to keep and hide my sluice for whenever Sister Philomena needs money. I could make it mysterious like.

happy to just take 10%, just a very small half for expenses, equipment, time n labour.
    My wealth is doing God's Will. I made heaps in Kalgoorlie anyway. Time I paid back God's blessings.

Incidentally, I had a strange dream last night involving sister Plilomena. An erratic red blur about her which she kept directing my way. She was unusually smiling!? A demon?!!

I'm a bit disturbed by this dream and feel on edge.
    Not sure what to make of all this, I'm usually of a steady mind.

I'll go hide the sluice up a tree nearby. Bruce, cm'ere.,,

Shirley, that secret way I made has a hidden entrance with two overlapping thorn bushes and the boulder you suggested. I did my best and think it was a very good job I did. I'm a Bushie. Please let's leave it at that just in case we'd like to finance good causes like you suggested, and especially Sister Philomena's Orphanage. She was my saviour.
    The State cares little except for the basics. No God, no education nor compassion! A cruel Godless world. Sister Philomena has been touched by God.
    Anyway, a dynamite exploding landslide would be heard by many.
    Best be discreet as possible I reckon.

Just quietly telling you two, as God told me just yesterday,
    ".. just leave quietly... "
    The natural landslide is perhaps the best disguise anyway. I could transplant some earth and weeds into it? Maybe not? It was natural as God willed it. A blessing in disguise. Maybe another week of panning and slusing? For the children. Be the burser Shirley. My poor reading...

Roanoke? Maybe madness and internal conflict. Just talking out loud.
    Wasn't the resupply ship too late?1590 or thereabouts. Pirates, Vikings?

Intetesting indeed Craig but we gotta see and set up Sister P's Kids first. Her Orphanage is even on the way east, towards Roanoke Island.
    She even knows the area and contacts. Her Orphanage has several motor boats too. It seems destined somehow. God's Will be done.

5. Terence Eames

Registered

Not sure why, but I also dreamt I died the other night, peacefully like, I opened myself to my destiny and God my Judge. All very Peacefully. Weird for me. Really thoguht my number was up. I was wrong. Just bad coffee I reckon.
    Then I woke up and felt hungry for bacon, eggs, cheese, tomato on toast with a big hot sweet coffee.I keep seeing a red blur in my corner vision? Bad eyes I reckon.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  6. Craig Wilson

Registered

There is a regular ferry service Terence. This is modern America not the 16th century my friend.

7. Terence Eames

Registered

We could even drive there Craig via Plymouth, or take a bus?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  8. Terence Eames

Registered

I have an old but reliable Jeep at Sister Philomena's. I can leave Bruce there too. The kids are respectful and nice to him, and he loves pulling a plow and loves towing a cart. They know not to toy with him.
    I am road licensed as is my Jeep, and insured. Sister Philomena's prayers helped with all the paperwork and my eyes. I have great long vision and won't be seen dead wearing glasses. They never helped anyway...

Sorry if I'm a Ludite, a yesterdays' man. I don't even have a smart phone, just an old flip flop with big buttons n numbers. It's in my Jeep with a flat battery.

What do you reckon Shirley, should I blow up the path? Your call of course. The love of money is the root of all evil sister Philomena once said. How true. I saw gold fever in Kalgoorie far too often.
    Sister Philomena's orphanage still always needs money. God knows. Just a trickle as needed. Another secret path is feasible anyway.
    Believers do God's Will regardless... Ecclastesies I think.

Her Orphanage is just 10 miles east of Jamesville, bordering the Roanoke river, just off the road to Plymouth where those magnificent causeways and bridges start to the shoal islands. Island Roanoke too. The Orphanage does have two motor boats, one small and one medium size. The medium one has a half cabin.
    I guess we could always hire a boat if we need to once there. I have a gold credit card thanks to sister Phil. She uses it too when in privation. She knows all its numbers and letters. The pastword too, passworld? She's a true Mother Superior to many, like me. She taught me how to sign my name, especially for when I made my Will out. I promised to not talk about its details, but I bet you can guess. :) Sister Philomena knows God's will more than anyone. She is thrice blessed indeed, even talking with the dead. She says I have God given gifts too.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  9. Craig Wilson

Registered

Terence it was Shirley's call to abandon the hunt for gold. So I say yes blow the path. We are yet to have her opinion on Roanoke Island tho. But I am sure she will agree with your plans for Sister Philomena's orphanage.....

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

Being the kind and generous person that I am, ;) and being as how I don't want to be rich, anyway, I'm going to deed Crazy Uncle Eddie's property to Sister Philomena. I'll let Terence take care of the details with her as to how she gets and sells the gold.

We have a nice huge new bridge to the Outer Banks.

[​IMG]

So we can drive there. They were going to leave part of the old bridge for people to fish from, I think. If they did, we can go fishin' while we are there. I'm not sure they did that, though. It might have been just a rumor. But there are plenty of good fishin' spots there.

About The Lost Colony, that has been investigated by a lot of people. I doubt if we can find anything new. But who knows what kind of adventure we might run in to while we are there? We'll see. :D

Terence Eames and Craig Wilson like this.
  11. Terence Eames

Registered

That is so kind and generous of you Shirley.
    Sister Philomena and the Ophanage will be eternally grateful, and most importantly, God will know of your good heart.

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

So, let's load all our supplies on Bruce and head back to civilization.

[​IMG]

We still have a long way to go and it will be dark soon. Be careful and watch out for rattlesnakes. They are out of hibernation now. Terence, did you pack a snake bite kit, just in case?

13. Craig Wilson

Registered

What a godsend Bruce has been. Yes some civilization first then off on our next adventure...

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

This one is not over yet, y'all. We have to travel a treacherous mountain trail to get out of here. Danger lurks around every bend. Rattlesnakes, mountain lions, loose rocks that can cause deadly falls, and bad men!

[​IMG]

15. Craig Wilson

Registered

Boy is he a real charmer!o_O Remind me not to go to his dentist.;)