Crochet

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Diana Kristof, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Kay Baker

Kay Baker Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes...weaving in all those ends drives me nuts...haha. This way, you just tie your two yarn pieces together and crochet over the ends as you go. I have a stack of granny squares that I made a while ago and they've been languishing because now I have to attach them to each other. I got them out the other day and started working on them. No sense in leaving them for the Goodwill or the garbage....right?

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

My friend and I crocheted a blanket each in 1970s.

3. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

This is something I do on a - on and off - basis and currently it's 'off'.
    Seems I go mad at it for a while - then go off it for a while, perhaps I should start again,
    I still have plenty of wool I think. I don't do anything fancy or too big, just hats, scarves and I've done
    a couple of hats with scarves attached because I hate when the wool hats keep riding up at the back.
    Having a scarf attached stops that happening. I've done small lap blankets and one or two other
    small things.

Problem I may have now since moving house is finding somewhere that sells wool, though I could
    try the charity shops.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I remember when I first started knitting, I used the knitting worsted, which was wool. You had to wash it bay hand in cool water, and if it got hot, it would shrink. Plus, you had to worry about dye lots, if you were making something that used multiple skeins, and had to buy enough of that color at one time.
    Now, almost all the yarn , like Red Heart Yarn, comes in acrylic, which is so much easier to deal with, and it can just be tossed into the washer and dryer as needed.
    I also like the variegated yarns and the ombré ones, which can add color to everything without having to change actual balls of yarn.

In the summer, I like to be outside, but in the cold, wet winter, I go into what I call “knitting mode” and that is what I enjoy doing when it is not nice to be outside.

Reen Davis likes this.
  5. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith - although I 'can' knit (at least I seem to remember that I can :D), it is not something
    I do, mostly because it takes so long to make anything ! I think crochet is much quicker and easier.

Yvonne Smith likes this.