Crowd Vs Logic

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Crowd are run by feelings {emotions} and will not listen to logic for example BLM – vs- all lives matter. Logic all lives matter is correct but the crowd yelling BLM will attack the other.
    The crowd medical system uses fear tactics [emotions] to get people to do things like masks logic are equal to using a chain link fence to stop a mosquito. Six feet apart no real studies but a high school project was used as reason. Logic we have as humans been on this earth for thousand/millions of year and used herd immunity to survive and prosper. Now if you suggest that you are attacked by the crowd [medical system].
    The crowd has no brain or thinks it is just the crowd. Who runs the crowd is their brains. Crowd can be hired to show a large group once in a large group you though process stop and you become part of the group.
    Here is a video that explains how group think works.
    The Isolated Individual & the Crowd Beast

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Never follow the crowd ;)

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

As my signature below says ………………………..
    Those who follow the crowd - usually get lost in it

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Our education system has done its job in eradicating Reason and Thought.

Regarding your example of The Virus and "experts..."

This is a path we've been on for a while. We are at the point where none of us have the credentials to manage our own existence. Our system has been inverted so that individualism is no longer a laudable goal...it is a threat to everyone else (you evil, mask-less assassins!). Common sense is insufficient. You cannot question the mask mandate; after all, you're not an "expert!" How do you know it's like stopping a mosquito with a chain link fence? Are you an entomologist? [spits on ground]

If you are the one who gets to decide who the "expert" is, then you get to control the masses.

An expert is anyone from out of town
    -M. Twain

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

John Brunner - your posts give me a giggle and I thank you for that :)
    @John Brunner

6. John Brunner

Thanks, sweetheart.

Likely that common British humor coming through.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Our maintenance man who I consider very trust worthy told me when his wife had to go to ER last week...that every time the Virus test is given and a positive test comes back..the doctor makes $900
    :eek::oops:

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

That's not good at all Gloria, no such thing here
    Anyhoo - don't the death figures speak for themselves ……………...

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I don't even know who told her that..a nurse or office person. But somehow it is not surprising if true. Sigh...so disgusted.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Logic a 100 year old elk statue was destroyed by BLM and antifa in Portland it was not white or racist. Only logic would ask Why???
    Crowd leader CNN, MSNBC, and all the other main street media complete silence could no even find a story about it.

11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Logic - protect your own property and life from destruction.
    Crowd – protectors now - St. Louis justice system now has taken the guns away from the people protecting their lives and property. How sick is this crowd.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. John Brunner

Same thing that happened in New Orleans in the wake of Katrina.

Remember that sickening vid of the police disarming that stranded elderly woman, and then walk away...leaving her defenseless?

These Democrat politicians are using the government to militate against those American citizens that they hate and promote those they are politically aligned with. Always have, always will.

This recent quip from the mayor of NYC regarding sheltering in place versus protesters:

De Blasio clarified that protests Black Lives Matter protests were not included in the event ban.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  13. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Crowd mentality ("hey, if *everyone* else is doing this, then *I'm* not really to blame, am I?") combined with poor impulse control ("Hell yeah! Sounds like fun!") = statue of an elk being knocked down.

Young men are notorious for developing impulse control later in life than the girls. You will notice that most of the mobs shown destroying and/or defacing statues are made up of younger men. Not bashing young men here, just stating a fact.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We’re going backward.

When I was a lad, I could see that there were some great things to come.
    I knew that cars would change and someday no longer need gas because the evidence was there. I knew that someone would really produce a watch like Dick Tracy’s because miniaturization was already being explored. I knew that we would go to outer space and knew that super computers would really exist.
    I knew that the races would eventually work together, live together and learn together.
    I could see that medicine would make huge leaps so people could live longer......and better lives.
    So much expansion on singular dreams but where are the dreams and moreover, where are the dreamers now? Where is the evidence of greater things to come?
    In short, there aren’t any.

People follow those who they perceive to have power because after all, who indeed has a full cache of reasoning than he or she who has attained power?
    And....the thing about those who hold onto whatever power that has been given to them [through ignorance and fear] is, they do not care about advancing civilization but to lord over whatever the present condition society is in.
    If anyone thinks it’s about toppling statues that are offensive to some folks or BLM or Antifa or police cruelty, wages / money or whatever else they can think of, they’re wrong. Way wrong.

It’s about who can sit on the throne, simple and sweet. The cities could be in rubble and people dying faster than those being born but as long there is power to achieve, this stuff ain’t gonna stop.

In short, I really believe we’re pretty much at the end of advancing, we’re going backward. The gateway between the right side of the brain and the left will seem as if it is closing and all that will be left is that which is primal logic; the need to survive.

15. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Very simple, Brandishing a fire arm is illegal, got it ILLEGAL. Protecting property with a firearm is ILLEGAL, got it ILLEGAL. Standing in your yard threatening people with a firearm for at most, trespassing is ILLEGAL.
    No if those folks had been in their home, or even in their vestibule, their actions would have been justified and LEGAL.
    Now you can squirm and equivocate all you want, but you are WRONG. The couples act was ILLEGAL and irresponsible use of firearms. They need to become prohibited possessors.

You advocate for these white reactionaries violating the law, but not for BLM.