Curried Lentil Sprout Salad

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by John Brunner, Oct 18, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've not made this, but it comes from my favorite place to buy sprouting seeds (Sprout People) and it looks good.

INGREDIENTS
    DIRECTIONS
    • Chop veggies.
    • Mix all ingredients (except tomato) together by tossing gently.
    • Sprinkle diced tomato on top.

Feel free to substitute yogurt for the mayo and another tomato based product for the ketchup.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I like sprouted lentils and have used them in salads before. I usually get the plain brown ones because they are cheapest, but I can see that all of the multi-colored varieties would add a lot of interest and flavors to the lentil salad.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I've mentioned before that shopping at ethnic markets is Inflation Time Travel. I buy lentils, fenugreek seeds, mung beans and other sprouting stuff at Indian food stores. The per-ounce price for a 4 oz. bag of fenugreek seeds is about the same as buying a 25# bag on Amazon. I try all sorts of different stuff without breaking the bank. You could likely find some of the more interesting stuff at prices way cheaper than the regular stuff at your grocery store...provided you have of these places near you.

I had a ton of choices when I lived in the DC region. Now there are only a few...but it's better than nothing.

Yvonne Smith likes this.