Declaring An Invasion?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I am totally confused at this video from FOXs interview of Lieutenant Governor (hope I got that right) of Texas because he doesn't answer the question? I want to know the answer to whether or not Texas governor can declare an invasion and be able to deport the immigrants, and if so why haven't they done that?

I'm not feeling good at all, stuck at home mostly with bad allergies and maybe not even hearing things right but I was so frustrated at no answer to all 3 of the Fox people asking the question and getting no answer.

John Nopales and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Denise lots of us are sick with whatever this is. Hubby and I sure are all stuffed up as I type.

I don't think anyone can do anything about the invasion and yes, it is an invasion.
    The only thing that could possibly save this nation is returning all those people back to their places of origin, but we all know that will not happen.
    Think about the money and resource's it would save us if we helped them build up their own nation with schools, hospitals instead of tearing ours down.

John Houlihan and Denise Evans like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm sorry to hear you guys are stuffed up too. I talked to 3 different people for customer service for my internet service and they all said they had bad allergies as well. It's weird isn't it :confused: Hope you feel better soon. I'm having awful insomnia thanks to it, and that seems to be the worst of it for me. Last night I got 5 hours straight of sleep which was best in weeks!!

Anyway, I really hope as many Americans as possible see the hypocrisy in "some" being so horrified when the "border" issue is brought to their front doors!! I support DeSantis and Abbott all the way with this and especially praying for the good folks of America, and the immigrants that trusted in biden's invitation to come one come all. They're not all drug/human traffickers and criminals. :(

Hedi Mitchell and Marie Mallery like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Denise. Maybe this will help you understand why Texas can't declare an invasion... https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/3477083-why-texas-cannot-declare-an-invasion-at-the-border/

From that article... "There are legal and practical reasons why states cannot take immigration matters into their own hands. It is well-settled law that immigration enforcement is the jurisdiction of the federal government." I believe Patrick stated that to the Fox interviewers.

I'm not a fan of Dan Patrick, plus I remember when he was a sportscaster on the local CBS station. He once painted himself blue in support of the old Houston Oilers football team. :rolleyes:

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks Denise and this nationwide sinus thing is really something else.
    Hope you get better too, and we all get some sleep, lack of sleep seems to be one of the symptom's of this.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sinuses driving me nuts here as well, S/Ohio.

I really have no comment about the "invasion" as if I did ..... it would likely get me kicked-off the site .

I have lost just about all faith in our current government.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

I honestly didn't have much to begin with, I was just hoping for surviving them.

I've had it since I moved here almost 7 years ago, but the sleep thing has gotten worse, maybe with the anxiety I get. I took a tylenol PM lastnight which I got 5 hours sleep, then was lucky enough to fall back to sleep and got 2 more hours. I'm doing the Neti-pot thing often though, and won't chance taking too many otc's. Does seems to be running rampant in the US. Don't know about other places.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

If we were Democrats we'd all be yelling Covid!

9. Denise Evans

Registered

atleast Fauci would be out there with his "new and improved" vaccine from China :D

Anyone one want to comment on the hilarious reaction from the "sanctuary city dwellers", and what about the Welcome Signs at Martha's Vinyards? I'd also like to know where the military is ordered to send those 50 people??

Can't wait to hear the phony bologna excuses from o'bummer and the rest of the elites, oh wait, I already know, it's Trump's fault;)

Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Some doctors are speaking out about the diseases like polio are being brought into the nation by un-vaxed illegal's so now polio is back along with other infectious and parasite illness are showing up in us and our children.

Guess when the nation is full of MORE violence deadly drugs and poverty we can just say" " its Trumps fault " but, will it heal you of that mental plaque you got from Biden Inc.?

John Houlihan and Denise Evans like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Hahahaha, good one Marie! The rich have been unaffected for the most part, although I'm not rich so I can't say for sure. But since many of them keep fighting anything that would help our border to become secured again, and going back to legal immigration, I just think they need to be woke. If they aren't awake enough now, I think they need a few more slaps and a good whif of ammonia up their snootey noses.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

"May the bird of paradise fly up their nose" While the millions of illegal's sing " we're in the money ".

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

All the money they are spending on illegals, and we still have homeless American citizens living in tents on the streets of cities, and God knows where else. I've never understood how any of America can be for immigration unless we have already taken care of the citizens we have?? There is no common sense when it comes to some of our most outstanding issues :(

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

The elite have fortresses all over the world to run to once they destroy America they can just leave, we the people don't have that choice. But nothing we can do about it now.

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, you're right. I didn't think about that. I don't see how anyone could hate America that much, or Trump for that matter. I guess if their beliefs are truly "pretty much" opposite of our laws and constitution, they best go to some place that is lawless, and no democracy. The enemy within is what we have.