Delta Virus

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It has already been noted, by the CDC, that the Delta Variant virus is "up and going". Now, the CDC and WHO, are saying that we may end up going back to wearing a mask again inside public places this coming Fall. Especially in those areas of the U.S. that are very low on vaccination rates.

Well, I don't know about where you live, but Colorado is definitely not one of those states. Our Governor, yesterday, stated that all Covid 19 restrictions have been lifted for the state. But, his statement doesn't affect Federal Government places.

Wife and I still wear our two masks, but are now starting to slow up on that. Went out to dinner last Saturday night to Golden Corral Buffet, and didn't wear a mask at all.

So, how will you feel, what will you do, if your area, that already has the mask requirement lifted, or partially lifted, goes back to the requirement of masks indoors?

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll go back to wearing the mask.

The number of virus cases needs to be brought down low enough so that contact tracing is practical everywhere. That won't happen in hotspot areas with low vaccination rates.

There will always be more mutations. Eventually the mutations will occur in such a way that the current vaccine won't be effective, and those that have already recovered from earlier Covid infections won't be immune either.

Then we can start this all over again. What fun!

3. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Delta variant is doubling about every 2 wks according to the CDC. We went from having 20 active cases to 84. Forty new ones 20 of which were the delta. We currently have 5 covids and 2 on ventilators. We are starting to see another spike here. A new surge is not far off. We will definitely be overwhelmed by this one. I read an article in the Huffington Post I believe and this dr stated that this Delta variant will not miss anyone.

I fully intend to leave my masks on and continue to distance. I will for the remainder of my life if that's what I have to do to protect myself. If I still get it and die then oh well. Can't live forever. Don't want to anyway. The way things are going in this world I don't much care anymore. I'm also in a rather negative place today so I apologize.

Maggie Mae likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Next weekend, not this weekend, we have a major Hall of Fame Induction to go to in the Springs. Pro-Rodeo, that is. Don't know how much we will be wearing our masks, but doubt much. We want pictures taken with Inductees and I seriously doubt that will happen if we are wearing our mask. We will have our masks with us, in our vehicle, but to wear them, and possibly be placed somewhere away from others, just wouldn't work for us.

We've both been vaccinated completely (2 shots) and it's been three months since the second shot.

But, if we are told that we have to go back to wearing a mask inside, we will.

Marci Miller likes this.
  5. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It's sad what this pandemic has done to us and our every day lives.

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  6. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Should we get our 3rd shot? We should, according to Pfitzer.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You mean the "Booster"? Yes, when it's available, we will get it. Along with the "Booster", we will also get the Senior Double-Dose Flu Shot. Get that one very year around the middle of October.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

wow I just read doctors are saying booster not needed. Who knows. I figured this was coming, the mask again.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have not yet seen evidence that masks have any protective effect, particularly outside. In my conspiracy mind, China has tweaked the virus and will continue to do so whenever we think we are on top of things. No evidence of that, but I know the possibilities, and a drug-resistant strain was released in India shortly after Indian troops beat the crap out of Chinese troops on their shared border. I have little doubt they can do the same with the spike protein to make it immune to the current vaccines if they so choose. They will not do so, however, until they have a vaccine or some other means to protect the elite in China. My understanding is that there are two possible sites on the virus that can be used. I don't know why the spike protein was used, perhaps it was the easier site.

Faye Fox and John Brunner like this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Except for a select subset of the population, I've not seen evidence that the virus should be of widespread concern.

-Have I missed something?
    -Are other nations experiencing this differently?

Regarding masks: I'll not comment...I keep driving past the same house, trying to figure out how to get out of this neighborhood.

Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

If Dr. Fauci or the WHO told you that stepping on cracks would keep you safe from the virus, you'd take great pains to avoid stepping on cracks. At this point, I think they're just testing to see just how gullible people will be. I can imagine Dr. Fauci saying, "Watch this..." before he comes up with another of his fables.

Betty Jones, Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I don’ see that at all. I will keep wearing a mask as long as I feel it necessary. No one has all the answers
    but the best answer, I believe, comes from those who have had the most experience and that is certainly
    not from laymen like ourselves. but from who have studied and researched these illnesses. We here are
    just not young enough to have to have all the answers.

13. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I refuse to wear a mask again except if doctors require it to visit their office. I predicted this variant a year ago. How convenient and what timing the virus has hahaha! I plan to keep my hands and anything touched by others sanitized using pure Everclear for the rest of my life. I was mixing it with Aloe but found I didn't need the Aloe to keep my hands moisturized.

I know some of you are sick of hearing this, but Covid is mostly spread by HAND CONTACT and mainly because everyone touches their nose several times a day. They touch door handles, produce, keypads, etc. This is how all virus is spread and also bacterial infections, fungal infections, food poisoning, etc. The manufactures of medical-grade masks have done studies and proved that masks are totally ineffective again Covid. Cloth masks are useless and just a show of ignorance and submission. Again covid as with most viruses live a long life in mucous whereas, with your breaths moisture droplets, it dies usually within a foot of leaving your mouth.

Masks do help slightly with colds because of those that don't have the brains to cover a sneeze or cough, but still, the best is hand sanitizing after you touch any surface you don't know about and always after touching your nose. However there is no way the rulers can mandate such, so they try to downplay it even though EVERY medical text on controlling virus places contact by hand as the #1 way virus is spread.

No, I won't mask! Why should I mask when thousands are pouring across the southern border that won't use any hand sanitation rules. Mucous is everywhere.

Washing your hands with soap and water works only if you lather up for a minute or so and rinse thoroughly. Not many folks are willing to do that several times a day.

The Oregon governor finally removed all restrictions even though her vaccination number wasn't met and in places where large numbers of migrant workers are housed, covid and many other viral and bacterial infections are on the rise. She lifted the restrictions because of many lifelong Democrats turning against her and Democrats are worried that they may lose the Governor seat to a Republican 2022.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Bruce Andrew and John Brunner like this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

...and who have COVID, TB, and lots of other ailments we eradicated a long time ago and that they are not vaccinated against (how do they gain admission to our schools?), and who shall not be hounded to get COVID-vaccinated because they are afraid to have their [lack of] immigration status revealed.

The non-citizen has more rights than the citizen.
    This is all intentional.

Regarding your "masks don't work" statement, all I can say is that if masks protect everyone but the wearer, then people can wear the darned thing backwards and leave the rest of us alone. If they don't believe that this will work, then they acknowledge the entire thing to be a lie. Physics cannot be denied.

Don Alaska, Faye Fox and Ken Anderson like this.
  15. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree. This is the most politicized virus in the history of the world. The politicians now know how weak and gullible the American people are. They will be back with their boots on our necks again after the propaganda machines clear the path for them.

John Brunner, Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.