Did Windows 10 Updates Cause This- And How Can I Fix It?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Joanna Newton, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've read people all around the web have been having this problem from Windows 10 updates: black screen- but none of the fixes I've found have produced results.

The PC itself seemed to be working fine- fan running, light on, etc.
    The monitor seemed to be working- monitor logo flickering.
    In other words, doing everything it normally does EXCEPT the PC logo does not come onto the monitor, like the two components do not connect.

Checked cables- ok.
    Checked power cords- ok.

What is wrong with the PC- and is there a fix that will actually work?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's what I hated about Windows. With every update, there was that fear. Unfortunately, I can't help you with it, however.

3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

black screen happens to mine without my updating anything but I have had problems with this chromebook since I got it. Touching OUTSIDE the touch pad with my wrist, or anything can make it do things I don't intend, like screwing with my posts here. It erases some after a long article, posts without letting me finish, takes out parts of the

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

See?

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First thing to remember, after an update is done, whether an "Auto Defrag" is set or you have to do it yourself, the system has to be defragged to keep everything in order.

A Windows 10 update changed my Photos area (where I upload photos from our iPhones) three times. First time, I had no problem at all editing any photos, but that changed (some) with one update. After another update, any photos taken on our iPhones would automatically go into computer Photos area. Didn't have to upload at all. Then, after another update, that "automatic" stopped and I had to go back to uploading again.

I've learned that a Windows update can do that, and, unless you go back to a previous windows 10, have to keep the changes.

I downloaded Windows 11 to my wife's laptop and have learned how to use it. Easy for me now.

Don Alaska likes this.