Did You Grow Up Saying Grace At Meals And Do You Now?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, and sometimes.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

No, except at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have never understood why people only say grace at holiday times. Are they ungrateful the other times?

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Probably the same reason those are the only days they go to church. :D

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

yeep, did not think of that

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Even the writers of positive thinking and “attitude of Gratitude” type behavior modification, whether they are Christian or not, they all stress being grateful for things in our lives.
    Thinking positive thoughts attracts more positive into your life, and thinking negative draws more of that. One of the greatest books of all time was “The Power of Positive Thinking”, by Norman Vincent Peale, and there are many others, like Rhonda Byrne’s motivational book, “The Secret”.
    My favorite author is Og Mandino, because he writes in a way that is interesting and easy to understand.

So, this tells me that I should be grateful for not only the food that I eat each day, but look for other blessings in my life as well. As a Christian, the one Being that I thank for these blessings, is God.
    I am grateful for each meal that I have, and I thank God for it. (Or Bobby says grace for both of us)
    I have lived times in my life when there was no money, very little food, no running water, and life in general was hard. When I look back on those times, I am extremely grateful that I am not still there and living that life, so yes, I want to thank God for those blessings.

Even further, I am grateful for all of the ways that my wonderful husband looks after me, and I try to remember to tell him thank you for that every night before we go to sleep, and that he is the Most Wonderful Husband in the Whole World.
    He would love me whether I tell him that or not (just like God does), but I think that it is right and a good thing to be grateful and to let him know.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just remember that the hard times have made you the person you are @Yvonne Smith and that is the person @Bobby Cole loves and cares about.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.