Different Personalities

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Samual Yoder, Nov 23, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

That's interesting. I'm the same way.

I have the keys to 2 of the 3 churches in the "charge" I belonged to, and have often gone in by myself to do work. I loved the solitude, and would sit there all by myself and meditate. It is so peaceful.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

That's an interesting thing. In all of the 3 churches in the group I belonged to, there was only one other single man in attendance, and he came with his son and with his mother (his father stayed at home.) There were a handful of couples. and the majority were unaccompanied women...some married and others not (single or widowed.) It seems that men are almost always reluctant attendees.

Ed Wilson and Marie Mallery like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Seemed for some men the only chance of a good nap was in church. I know my uncle always slept through the sermons and my aunt only bothered him if he snored.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't feel comfortable in a Pentecostal Church either, although I have only attended one Pentecostal service so I don't know if they are all like that. Then again, I don't feel comfortable in a Catholic service either, largely because I have to watch the people around me to know what I'm supposed to do next, and there is far too much exercise involved, with the kneeling, the standing up, and so on. I am also uncomfortable with loud, contemporary music in church services, and pretty much every large church as gone that route lately.

I think it's just a matter of what we're used to, since most of us are uncomfortable with strange new things, particularly those that don't make any sense to us. That doesn't make them wrong, however.

John Brunner and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Veteran Member
    Registered

@Samual Yoder .. that should have never happened to you in church .I do not do religion or churches of any kind anymore. There are pros and cons to them all. Like all things in life Churches as a whole have become greedy, political, and misleading.

6. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Active Member
    Registered

Guess it is best to just keep on going, why keep hassling with it. It is not likely they are going to change me nor I them.....

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I found that many pastors don't know the Bible they preach from.