Do We Have Any Members Using Hemp Oil Or It's Products?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

To answer Lon's question I have tried it and it did nothing but smell bad. The mother of the young lady that makes it, swears it saved her from the wheelchair. All we can do is go on individual results. What works for me the best is Diclofenac Sodium topical Gel. I have used it for years with great results. I can wake up at night with an excruciating shoulder impingement and within 10 minutes it has it damped and I can get back to sleep.

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Exactly! It sets the time shown on each post at the bottom by the poster's name.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry everyone, my Time Zone in my Preferences was set wrong. I reset it to Mountain Time.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There you go!

I had to look to see if I had set it when I first joined, or if the forum software used my computer's settings.

5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I received my 800Mg bottle of CBD Oil two days ago and started taking a full dropper of it twice daily. There did not seem to be any effect after several hours of taking. My bottle is good for 30 days with 30 dropper fulls.
    I noticed no difference in my poor sleep so far but do feel somewhat less stiff and achy.It's too early for me to know if the stuff works or if it's my imagination. It's hard to know how much to take for it to work. The damn stuff ain't cheap. Some ones making a ton of money with this product.

6. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For me, there was no effect, but when I got it with Delta 8, there was a noticeable difference. But start out slow with the delta 8, because it can throw you for a loop.

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

I just started taking it and will report back after 30 days or sooner. I never was a pot smoker as a teen or adult. I'm hoping the oil will relieve some of the symptoms of my Rgeumatoid Arthritis.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I was given some to try also, but I couldn't tolerate it.

9. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

My SO tried it a couple of years ago for pain. Nada. Zip. Nothing.

10. Lon Tanner

Registered

I had a pretty good night last night with no discomfort and feel quite rested this morning.
    Hope it's not my imagination but time will tell with this CBD Oil. Let's see how my day goes.

11. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well, there is a big difference between broad spectrum and full spectrum, mainly that broad has had the THC removed.

For me, I stopped because the effect was just to make me feel dizzy, but not sleepy.
    So I later changed over to the gummies (with THC), but as far as sleep is concerned, it did not help at all, so I gave it all up. Besides, its very expensive, so it was not worth the effort.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

There IS a lot of placebo effect, however, so it is difficult to separate real from perceived relief.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We have both the CBD Deep Rub and the CBD Oil. The Deep Rub helps the arthritis in my shoulder and my wife's arthritis in her fingers, but the relief doesn't last very long. The CBD Oil, to use with eye dropper, didn't help me at all for pain or sleep. And, it has a little THC in it. This is our second jar of the Deep Rub, but will not pay out the high cost of the oil again.

I've stated this before, in another thread, that I get two prescriptions from the VA. Both are for the achy/nagging pain I get in each shoulder, that started happening after I got rotator cuff surgery in each. I take a VA approved 800mg ibuprofen and, about every-other day, a 50mg Tramadol. The Tramadol is a narcotic, but 50mg is the lowest strength there is. On a day I take both, a few minutes apart, I have absolutely no pain in either shoulder for almost the entire day. The Tramadol blocks a nerve from the brain to the pain area and the ibuprofen works on getting rid of the inflammation. They work together very nicely.

What a person needs to do is, find out is what is causing the lack of sleep, if pain isn't doing it.

To help my wife get to sleep to sleep at night, her PCP told her to wear yellow nighttime glasses while watching tv, before going to bed. She has a pair of clip-ons for that and that does help her to go to sleep pretty quick at night. A 200 mg of Motrin use to help her sleep all night, but that's not helping much now. She also has an OTC pain/sleep aid, that she will cut into quarters and take a quarter at bedtime. Last night she took a quarter and, basically, the pain/sleep aid helped very little. When she uses it again, she will do a half of a tablet and see what happens.

Also, a Senior has to watch what they eat and/or how much they drink before bedtime.

One thing for sure, what works for one person, might not work another.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  14. Lon Tanner

Registered

I thought I would try the full spectrum instead of broad with THC. There are so many companies selling the product here in the states the competition has lowered the prices compared to a few years back. There can't be too many companies selling the oil in Oz.

15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Many of the advocates of cannabinoid uses claim that a mix of a number of cannabinoids, such as in raw Cannabis is more beneficial than a single fraction. Don't know, but a research paper out of China (where Big Pharma doesn't control the narrative, and the government there doesn't seem to have a dog in the fight) stated that a mix would be better, but they found that some cannabinoids increase the risk of cancer, while other s reduce the risk, depending on the fraction and the receptor to which it attaches. Cannabinoids science appears to be a very complex topic.