Do We Have Any Members Using Hemp Oil Or It's Products?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 21, 2019.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am so sorry you are in perpetual discomfort like this, Bruce. A friend has had degenerative disc issues in his back forever, and they eventually just killed the nerves so he can get some relief.

Regarding turmeric...I was talking to a guy a few months ago who claimed to have stopped taking all meds for his rheumatoid arthritis since he started taking some high dose GNC turmeric capsules. The info on potential side effects from turmeric are all over the place. I was going to try them for general anti-inflammatory benefits but decided against it, since one of the possible downsides is liver problems, and I'm already abusing that organ with statins.

Bruce Andrew likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, I called my SIL (wife's sister) yesterday and told her what we got in. The lady went nuts over the phone to me! "Do you know that stuff is addicting and why would you want to use it anyway?" I told her about my daily shoulder pain, that she didn't remember about, and that I would hope the Gummy Squares could help me to not take as much ibuprofen as I do. And then she says, "why are you taking ibuprofen anyway?" I was right on the verge of hanging up on her and we finally ended the conversation.

One thing I should've thought about before calling her, is just how "straight" she is. Basically speaking, she is just the opposite of us.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

This morning I cut one of our new Gummy Squares/Cube in half and ate it. So, that means I'm getting approx. 12 1/2 mg of CBD, because and entire one is 25mg. So far, most of the achy pain in my shoulder is gone, but will wait and see just how long the 1/2 Gummy Square/Cube lasts. If I don't have to take an 800mg Ibuprofen today, that will be very nice.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

My new Gummy Squares/Cubes update: Took first 1/2 at 9:15AM and took other 1/2 at 11:15AM. Took another 1/2 at 4:15PM. So, so far that's 1 1/2 Squares/Cubes. Seems to be controlling my left shoulder achy pain and haven't had to take a prescription 800mg Ibuprofen yet. That's good, but will see how the rest of the evening/night goes.

Am also doing some online research on taking any CBD product (Deep Rub and/or Gummies) on an airline for our trip to Las Vegas in December. My 50mg Tramadol would be ok, as long as I have it in the prescription bottle that has my name and the name of my VA doctor on the bottle. I also have the "Fill" piece of paper from the VA that shows it is a prescription for me.

5. Mitchell Hartwig

Mitchell Hartwig Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just drank some sparkling water that I bought at the local Kroger's. My daughter said I should try it. It is the chemical part of cannabis that does not contain the intoxicant THC, that makes you high.

If you have used this, let me now of your experiences.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Never tried it.But who knows if I had enough pain I might. I never like pot when young so the thc wouldn't be an issue unless it got me stoned.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I was taking CBD Oil for arthritis, too. It seemed like it might have been helping a little, but I wasn't sure. It's not like the pain or the mobility levels stay the same day after day, so I wasn't convinced that the CBD Oil had helped. Given the expense of it, and the uncertainty as to its effectiveness, I quit taking it.

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I bought some, but then decided I did not want it to disclose it in my list of meds with the doctors, nor did I want something undisclosed in my system should there potentially be interaction issues. So it sits unused.

Ken Anderson likes this.