Do You Fear Religious Conflict In The United States?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

It has been and continues to be responsible for many deaths and much suffering in a number of countries.
    No Religious Conflicts In The United States Yet And That's Good

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I don't.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In a country where freedom OF religion is a most primary tenet of our rights, why would there be?

Note: There are those who would rather the tenet be freedom FROM religion such as ensampled by the U.S.S.R. during the cold war, but beyond a few law suits, no outright physical conflict is in the air.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Not unless someone has a tattoo of Satan on their arm and a conflict starts between that person and another.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can see such conflict being fabricated by our government in order to turn people against each other to create more chaos.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  6. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Actually, I think there have already been religious conflicts in the US. Two shootings in Synagogues (PA and CA) and two in churches (SC and TX) comes to mind in the last 5 years or so. Not much has been made about the religious affiliations of the shooters, but we can probably guess they weren't of the same belief as those they killed. The Atlanta killings recently were said to be religiously motivated as well as racially. Other examples probably wouldn't be too hard to find where evangelical radicals have aligned with white supremacists who spout hate and proscribe death to all who aren't just like them. If things keep going as is, widespread and more frequent religious conflict won't be far behind.

7. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't fear religious conflict but I expect it to rear its head from time to time. Conflict of all manner is a popular thing these days, it seems.

8. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Most people don't realize that Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world - that is, largest in number. In other countries, this entails death, beatings, torture, imprisonment, fires, and economic suppression. In the U.S. we are fortunately protected from such violent abuses, but as D'Ellyn says, we're not entirely free from it. There have been violent incidents against Christian organizations and church buildings, and there's good reason to expect it to worsen with time, given our nation's secular cultural trend.

As the U.S. continues its promotion of gay rights and non-Christian beliefs, the evangelical church of believers that stay true to the Word of God will inevitably be called hateful, intolerant, right wing extremists that need to be opposed. This environment already exists in written word and public protests, but I think such views will escalate more frequently in time with violence.

Canada is taking the lead on criminalizing hate speech against Christian pastors that promote God's word on homosexuality. The U.S. seems to be headed towards the same goal. And as the gay rights/immoral agenda becomes deeply ingrained in our society, the future Hobby Lobbies, Chick-fil-A's, cake makers, wedding photographers, and outspoken churches that hold to God's moral values will most likely see harder days of intolerance ahead.

9. Joyce Senior

Joyce Senior Well-Known Member
    Registered

No. I fear the loss of the wall between religion and governement.

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

It has already started or actually been going on for years.

11. Joyce Senior

Registered

I couldn't find a reference for specific numbers. (Do you have one, Joseph? I'd be really interested in reading a numerical breakdown.) However I did find information by country from PEW Research (very respected organization). It's quite nuanced. However, per the above, they said this:

"Christians and Muslims continue to be harassed in the most countries. Harassment against religious groups, both by governments and individuals or social groups, was reported in 185 out of the 198 countries in 2018.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...-around-the-world-reached-new-record-in-2018/

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

I see favortism from the left mostly and that hurts and divides everyone. Especially the white escape goat bullcrap going on now is not helping any of us.

If your straight,conservative and Christian your constantly being atttacked and blamed. Me or my family has never been allied with any hate groups yet being white I'm accused . even my great grand kids are sometimes socially attacked.I am from a long line of freedom fighters. Wonder if anyone realizes hoe many whites died i nwars to stop prejudice including slavery
    I also respect the Jewish people but not some of their organizations that use minoritys as a tool to hold over the heads of all white people.
    It is good to see though that many minority's are wiseing up to the BS and joining in to save our nation,but think too its a little late to leave the liberal plantations and our nation is just about gone now from all this division and half truths.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Joyce Senior

Registered

Are you saying that there are no White Jews, Marie? Or are these organizations using minorities as a tool to hold over the heads of those Jews who are White? Are you considering Jews a race? Please be careful before going there if you are.

For the record: Race is a social, not a biological construct. However, what I'm about to say is using it as a biological one. There are Mongoloid (Asian) Jews, Caucasoid (White) Jews, and Negroid (Black Jews). There are also Semitic (Middle Eastern) Jews, Hispanic (of Spanish origin), etc. Jews.

14. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Religious conflict is a rather broad term, so if by conflict, you mean conflicting religious beliefs, and not armed conflict, then I have to say that I believe that certain religious speech may become criminal if we stay on the road we are now in our society, so my answer would be a “yes”. Here is why I answered this way

In Matthew 24, after Jesus talked about famines, pestilences, earthquakes in divers places and wars and rumors of wars, He included another often over looked warning, indicating that a “spirit of offense” would be everywhere, coinciding with the Gospel being preached around the world, after which time the end would come.

For example, I’ve seen in my experiences that when I sometimes think and debate positions from a biblical viewpoint, there are those who feel offended, especially on campuses. Often those who are more liberal thinkers (the Left) believe they have the right not to be offended and want people arrested who don’t respect their desire to be addressed a certain way, such as relates to gender or other facets of one’s being.

It seems that “being offended” is coming closer to a term we hear often, and that is “hate speech”, which is a way to categorize what is impermissible to say to each other in terms of sacred biblical scriptures, and avoiding fostering ill feelings.

This is what worries me the most. One bible commentator described it this way. He said that “after 40 years of ministry and studying Bible prophecy he had never before observed such an unleashing of a “spirit of offense” that we live in today. Two verses in the chapter mentioned above state: “And many shall be offended and shall betray one another and shall hate one another… And because evil shall abound the love of many shall wax cold.

Another bible scholar interpreted it as: “The further a society moves from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” Christians should exercise their right to free speech, but do so in a kind and understanding manner, without judgment or ridicule (speak the truth in love, as the bible instructs). But shouldn’t we be worried more about offending God than anyone else? So it seems to me that Christians are approaching a time where some scriptures may be illegal to quote! ( may God forbid!)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    Joseph Carl and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Registered

I doubt your qualified to tell me about genetics since your statement is wrong to begin with. Noting wrong with wanting your children to look like you.And your theory about race is proven false.
    You misunderstood my reply. There are also white liberals. So not saying Jews aren't white or black or Asian.
    I am saying that not all Jews vote liberal but the majority does. And it is the liberal agenda that had hurt the very ones they claim to defend and also attack only white Christians and push for the destruction and culture of all white nations by systimatically changing it.Why is this and how will it benefit anyone in the future? Are you one who even considers math to be racest too? IMO thats an insult to the intelligence of the black race.
    Our free speech was given up to the point we can't even defend our culture or nation without being called a racist,bigot or other name for white conservatives. Most white people in America never owned a slave or could afford one. Yet some rich blacks owned them.When will the libs and racial hustlers go after Africa for selling their people all over the world? Will you be for maing Africa pay resperatons?
    I'd like to see all of us get along and have equality. But that doesn't mean hating myself or my aancertors.
    I care for all people and don't have to explain or prove anything. I'm just like alot of minorities including many Jews who happen to favor my own because thats what I'm use to and have background with.Plus who doesn't like to be told their child looks like them?I'm with Ali on that this one.