Do You Feel Entitled As A Senior?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Pee on one of their chairs and act like you didn't notice?
    They do pay a small amount for jurors here but the handicapped spots were taken when I got called and came in. And then after sitting in a crowded room for hours, the perp plead and they didn't even need us.

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

A restaurant just outside the town limits, between the town and Baxter State Park, has a substantial 25% discount for seniors on Thursdays. Since we rarely go that way, particularly in the winter, we forget that it's there sometimes, but that's a nice discount. Do I feel entitled to it? Well, only so long as they're offering it. I think they have discounts for other demographics on other days, which may be something they do because they're not in a place that people generally drive by on a regular basis. We'll be going there tonight, I believe.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband had jury duty last month. He was paid $6 a day for jury duty while parking in downtown Houston was $11/day.

4. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

ha!...that suggestion could happen easily..it's a shame they're preying on seniors....thanks again hon

5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

No ..I don’t after my experience almost 2 years ago when I was put on the “not important list “ at a major hospital
    when I fractured my leg / ankle ( spiral fracture ) for which I didn’t see a single Dr till 3 weeks after I broke it
    I was only seen to at a hospital avoidance system who plastered my leg until such time as my hospital app came due :mad::eek:

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Your welcome and glad to help. I dure get lots of help from you and others here so just paying it forward.

Teresa Levitt likes this.