Do You Remember - In Your Heart You Know He's Right ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, May 9, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

In your heart you know he’s right" - Barry Goldwater campaign slogan from 1964 presidential election. Goldwater was being criticized by the media and democratic candidates saying he had extremist views. This slogan was used to combat the negative publicity and attempts to make the point that his Goldwater's views were not that different from most ordinary Americans. The slogan was obviously a play on Goldwater's right leaning philosophies.

Bill Boggs and Hoot Crawford like this.
  2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

The pro-Goldwater election symbol was AU-H2O...remember? It was on bumper stickers too.

Hal

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's similar to the song that Ron Paul used as his theme song for rallies in 2012.

As for Barry Goldwater, I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to that sort of thing in 1964. There were girls, you know, and there were also priorities.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, but politically speaking, I had a history of not paying attention to it. I mean, I was the only person in my 1st grade class who raised his hand when the teacher asked, “who thinks Stevenson will win the presidency” and it all went downhill from there till I went into the military.