Do You Think God / Creator Has A Sense Of Humor?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Ina I. Wonder, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, we are well known thread hijackers. Although I have been trying to be on my best behavior on this forum.

I try to stop my shenanigans when I picture Ken shaking his head in disapproval. :)

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I think it depends on what we consider God having a sense of humor. I do tend to agree with the person who quoted that saying "If you want to see God laugh tell him your plan." Sometimes the way we have mapped out our lives doesn't coincide to what God may want of us. So, despite those plans our course can be changed by things happening. Sometimes those things aren't good, and God certainly isn't responsible for the horrible things even if there are some who want to say if there is a God why did he let this happen? As if God is going to sit back and fix all the horrible things that happen in the world, if that happened what would we learn. What God has to do is make us realize that through a negative we can turn it into a positive and maybe take the course we were meant to take in our lives by turning it around,

3. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

image.jpg
    I definitely
    think God has a sense of humor. Laughter is a precious gift that makes the bitter a bit sweeter. I've seen people find something to laugh about in the most dire situations..and those around them were comforted beyond measure...including me.​

I think making each other laugh is so important..there's enough sorrow to go around...

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree about laughter, Karen. I remember that even on the day my husband was dying and hospice and nurses were coming and going, my friend could still make me laugh on such a sad day.

Terry Page and Karen McKenzie like this.
  5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I always like to wake up with some laughter ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Boy, that sure changed!

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

1st Samuel 5:1-12
    I’m sure that God was serious but at the same time, when I read those passages I couldn’t stop myself from laughing!

1st, the Philistines placed the Ark of the Covenant in a cave in front of Dagon, an idol.
    The next morning the Philistines found that Dagon had fallen, face down.
    They put the idol upright and the next day they found that not only had Dagon fallen but it was broken.
    The Philistines still wanted to hold on to the Ark but they suddenly started breaking out with sores (emerods) and tumors around their genitals.
    It wasn’t long after that that the Philistines decided it was a bad idea to hang on to the Ark so they carted it out into a field where it could be found by it’s rightful possessors, the Israelites.

8. Jeff Elohim

Registered

hahaha GREAT EXAMPLE !

As written, God LAUGHS at the plans of the wicked. (it is the only time I know of in Scripture that God laughs)

(as someone else posted earlier in the thread (years ago?) , unknowingly)
    - if you want to see God laugh, all we have to do is show Him our plan.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Jim Brown

Jim Brown Well-Known Member
    Registered

There is NO DOUBT that God has a sense of humor. He made Biden, and he is a huge joke.

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no idea.

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m sure I posted it somewhere before but if we examine the texts, though we may not be in the image of God in bodily form, we have all of the emotions that God has. The Bible tells us that He Loves, Hates, can be Jealous, Serious and Sad, Pleased, Vengeful, Angry, Compassionate, Kind and yes, He has a sense of humor.

As to the humor, look at us.
    He made man and woman. We’re different in ALL ways and functions yet He put us together and challenged us to live together in harmony and make more of us.

Jim Brown likes this.
  12. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Well, the world is opposed to God. He sent His Only Son Jesus to die and to rise from the dead to
    give some out of the world to be saved. Most continue to reject Him, no matter what happens,
    so they have only judgement awaiting them,
    instead of enjoying resurrection life today, with overflowing peace and joy and righteousness, and eternally.

As long as the whole world is in darkness, and loves the darkness instead of the light, they might have now seeming happiness, partying, wealth and friends, or proverty and continued sickness and fear of sickness.

13. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've read all of the posts to catch up on this thread and am surprised to find my primary belief for God's sense of humor is unique. For me, it's my wild, crazy, entertaining dreams that only he could know and appreciate. I often pray to him about them in the morning, trusting that he was amused by them as much as me.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Certainly God has a sense of humor - because if She doesn't, I'm a dead duck.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

That is the Truth.