Do You Think Hal Will Sign Up With Assisted Living @ Soltice?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I am thinking he will because of encouragement from his daughter and the logic of doing it. If he takes a two bedroom apartment his daughter could stay and visit. The additional cost is not bad.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I certainly hope so.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that it would be an excellent decision for @Hal Pollner , if he does decide to do that. Hal has said that his wife did all of the driving, housekeeping, yard work, and cooking; and most of that would be taken care of for him again in an assisted living complex like the ones he has been looking at.
    I remember that you have said that you sometimes miss your old life, when you owned your own house, Lon; but the decision to move into Oakmont has been a great choice for you and a place where you are happy to be living.

There comes a time in most of our lives when we have to make changes and adapt to a new lifestyle, and this is one of those times for Hal. I think the fact that he liked it enough to go and take a better look is a good sign that he will probably move there.

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

IMG_5210.JPG View attachment 48928 View attachment 48928 View attachment 48925 Yes, Yvonne...I will be moving into Solstice after I've sold all the items I'm listing in my Estate Sale ad which is making the rounds in Facebook, using a sales broker.

The 2 bedroom choice is for giving me the extra space for a Den, which is where I presently have my roll-top Desk, computer bench, computer, book case, lightning Machine, and 60-inch TV.

My rent for the 971 sq. ft. 2-Bedroom 2-Bath Solstice apartment will be $3050 per month, which is actually less then the $3100 per month I pay to the Caregivers. (at $20 per hour, which is $100 per day)

Besides being about equal for the lodging costs, Solstice provides 3 meals per day, selected from the menu and brought to your table by a Waiter.

They also provide a variety of community group activities, with different activities every day throughout the year, as shown on the September listing. Shown is the floor plan of the apartment I would choose; which is on the 2nd level.

This is the most active Senior facility I have seen!
    Hal

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Congrats Hal----I think you did well.