Domestic Violence Against Women

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Rose Flowers, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Rose Flowers

Rose Flowers Well-Known Member
    Registered

When is Amber Heard going to stop pretending to be a spokeswoman for all women including abused women? Every time something doesn’t go her way she says it’s a setback for all women. Bullcrap! Most women aren’t bi-sexual globe trotting party girls who had a lesbian relationship with another woman before snaring Johnny Depp. Most abused woman don’t live in penthouses with their friends and family surrounding them and don’t run out after their abuser and try to drag him back in when he leaves the fight.

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

All good points. I think they both deserved each other though. Maybe he won because he was a better actor.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do not know much about the case but I did enjoy seeing that when Heard lost, the ACLU lost too.
    The amount of money the ACLU has behind it allows them to win case after case so when they lose it sends a wonderful little tingle up my leg.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Having nothing but antenna tv, my daytime shows are limited to the Crime TV stuff and occasionally Court TV. I happened to surf into the Depp/Heard thing when Johnny was giving testimony. He was on the stand, under oath, whining about how she used to screw with him when he took illegal drugs (I missed what he was on) and had knodded off. He had to explain what he meant by "knodding off" (or whatever term he used), and was smirking as he clarified--in a court of law--his illegal drug-induced trance (he's friggin' 59 years old.) There was a photo of him sitting on the floor slouched against the wall in that state as evidence...I don't know who took it. I changed the channel in disgust, having reconfirmed that--as always--water seeks its own level. I also wondered when drug charges would be brought against Depp.

Regarding Amber...I agree with @Yvonne Smith regarding our disgust at anyone who claims to be the touchstone for whatever group or class of people they may choose to identify with in that moment. It's arrogant, deceitful, immature, cowardly and completely avoidant of any personal responsibility.

Bobby Cole and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Are you sure you mean me, @John Brunner ? I don’t even know who Amber Heard is, and haven’t said anything about her , or anyone else speaking for all women, at least that I can remember saying ?

John Brunner and Rose Flowers like this.
  6. Rose Flowers

Registered

What was the ACLU thinking to portray her as a spokesperson? It shows how out of touch the ACLU is with the real needs of the average person.

7. John Brunner

Sorry, you're just ever-present in my thoughts ;)

I meant YOU @Rose Flowers!

I'll tell you another weird thing was when Court TV would cover their coverage of the trial there was a number of people on the street outside of the court house, as though being in proximity of the building gave them some closer contact with the event. Everyone had an [uninformed] opinion.

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. John Brunner

[​IMG]

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They’re normally busy taking down crosses and making sure that coaches don’t pray on football fields.
    Representing a gold digging druggie just falls within the parameters of their kind of justice.

10. John Brunner

Just enforcing that separation claws.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Rose Flowers

Registered

upload_2022-6-16_17-59-39.png
    Amber Heard is shown here on the witness stand. A court ordered psychological exam showed her to have histrionic personality disorder. When someone changes their hair style so drastically every single day that you don't recognize them, that seems to me to be a symptom of some disorder. But that was not one of the professional symptoms.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I had never heard of her before the Depp-Heard trial. Since I was sick, I watched most of it live on Emily D. Baker's channel. She's a lawyer, and she offered a lot of insight that I might have missed otherwise. When the trial began, she was pretty sure that Amber Heard was going to win because the burden of proof was on her side. It was interesting seeing that change, particularly when Heard took the stand. She was just awful. If I were on the jury and all of the evidence was on her side, I'd still be tempted to vote against her, she was so unlikeable.

To better understand why that was, I watched large parts of the trial again on the channels of various body language people, such as the Behavior Panel and the Body Language Guy. They gave some insights into why it was that she was so hard to like or believe.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    Rose Flowers likes this.
  13. Rose Flowers

Registered

Her behavior off the witness stand is equally bizarre, including appointing herself as the representative of all women including abused women. She tries to escape repercussions for her own actions by claiming any action taken against her is an action against all women. And this simply isn’t the case. The average woman is not a violent world traveling bi-sexual living in a penthouse surrounded by her friends and family in adjoining penthouses living rent free paid for by her husband. The average abused woman could not relate to Heard’s lifestyle at all. It is Heard who is giving the women’s movement a bad name - not those defending themselves against her violent self-centered behavior.

John Brunner and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. John Brunner

These idiots live in a parallel universe.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  15. Rose Flowers

Registered

The court trial was an interesting study in court protocol. As it turns out there were no witnesses to back up Heard’s claims and she had no medical or police corroboration. So the only evidence the jury had was Heard’s testimony. And since they didn’t believe her testimony, they had no real evidence. It was obvious to me there was no real crying on the witness stand. But I didn’t know if male jurors would recognize this. She would dab dry eyes with a tissue and make boo hoo hoo sounds with her throat but in an instant turn it off and be alert and obnoxious again. In an after trial interview a male juror said the other jurors did recognize this as bad acting and she should have left it off.
    It would be interesting to see Behavior and Body Language experts on the subject. I may try to look them up.

John Brunner likes this.