Electric Cars

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Don Alaska, Jan 9, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered

I recall when Carter was in office and he told us to put a brick in the tanks of our toilets to conserve water. So when his gas crisis hit, the going joke was to put a brick in your gas tank to conserve gas.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The water coolers of the west use shredded Aspen filters. Really smells good when they are fresh and clean. I lived in high desert about 2600 feet and summer highs usually about 115 in the shade. The down side where I lived was we had terrible water and it ruined the filters very fast. You can't beat it for staying cool, you can leave the windows cracked and front door open and a good clean system will bring the temperature down to 57 without any problems. When you drive down some of those Nevada highways you will see a few critters and bugs moving across the road in front of you really fast. The pavement is so hot they get a running start. I saw one scorpion way up ahead of me and he was a very large one but he was flat moving across that pavement, tail high in the air. Snakes and Tarantulas slept during the day it was so hot. The Ravens would come into our valley and eat all day at the local stores dumpsters and leave before it got dark, they flew 24 miles twice a day to live near the hot springs in California, same place Charlie Manson was living in old Indian dwellings. I got some good pictures I need to try and scan so I can share them. My brother got drunk and had car trouble so he had to sleep in one of those dirt houses, he got home and he looked like a ghost he had so much white dirt on him. Shoshone is the name of the little village, it has a gas station and cafe store but not much more when I lived nearby. Really beautiful country and desolate, the california highway patrol had to rent an apartment for the trooper who had that Shoshone route the driving distance was so far it just wasn't practical. He only had to drive 24 miles and he was in California. I kinda miss it but then I don't since all my friends there and my brother had all since passed on after I left in 2005.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have a 40 year old washer I brought home from my little town dumpster, someone just sit it there to be trashed and there wasn't a thing wrong with it. It still washes just fine and it is a bit out of balance because they use a cinder block to counter the vibration. The belt looked terrible but by golly it still washes and never misses a beat. I have one of those new high load washers with a stainless tub and it was given to me because my friend was a serviceman and he did a cheap repair but the owner never came after it. It used three brake pads to stop the tub from spin and he could not get the 3rd pad installed and I washed two loads and the belt broke, two times and that was it for me. I just left it sitting there it don't eat anything.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It was in the 80s here today. I can't take any more of this, so I am going to run out and buy an electric car and put a stop to that crap.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Veteran Member
    Registered