Extraordinary Popular Delusions And The Madness Of Crowds 2.0

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Neville Telen, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

The MSM is constantly spouting off that Islam is a 'religion of peace'. The Ostrich Clan loves to parrot the slogan that muslim terrorists are 'only a small faction of Islam'. Certainly the SJW-commies and NPC automatons view the muslims as just too cool! The feminazis have decided that they are a-okay, even with the burqa, FGM, honor killings, and penchant for stoning to death rape victims. Yep, everyone agrees Islam is the new media darling....but then curmudgeons like me rarely follow the herd mentality...I'm such an old stinker, always making waves! So let's examine this idea to see if the religion is all it's cracked-up to be:

https://amgreatness.com/2018/12/06/jihadist-psychopath-unveils-the-true-threat/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8-4Mq2pBE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUksL30PP4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OhrfZHAn6I
    For the very few of those that made it through these eight vids, and one citation....congratulations. You now know most of what I know. Either decide for yourself now, or continue your research into this topic.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Not all Muslims are terrorists. Some of them, in fact, are pretty nice people, and I like Yusuf Islam almost as much as I did Cat Stevens. Then again, it doesn't take a whole lot of them to be a problem. I wish we'd mind our own business in the Middle East, but I have never been asked to vote on that. As long as we're at war with Muslims, it makes sense to take precautions.

3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

First, Ken, why is this thread in 'Faith & Religion' when it is wholly not that? Hate to call it 'Political.' Actually, should there be a forum entitled 'Hate Speech?' as this is an example of that.

Second, what if the author of this thread chose to use this language about Black people, about Jews? Would it be permitted? Why do we feel free to denigrate a population of people not the same as the population of this forum? Or women, as feminazi is nothing less than an outrageous derogatory condescension? I know you and Yvonne told me in my first few days that you trust the opinions of 'mature' adults to come to their own conclusions, BUT.......can you honestly say you would not delete this thread if, as I have already suggested, the object of the author's diatribe were Blacks or Jews? Is there a platform here for White Supremacy or the KKK if it were expressed by 'mature' adults with life experience?

I ask respectfully, Ken.

Harry Havens and Nancy Hart like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Islam is a religion, and we discuss religions in the Faith & Religion section. Given that Islam is neither a race or a sex, I don't understand your point.

On the other hand, Black Lives Matter has been discussed in this forum, and that's the black equivalent of the KKK. Thus far, no one has wanted to discuss white supremacism as far as I am aware, other than in passing, but if you wanted to discuss white supremacism, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Not in the religion section though, because racism isn't a religion. I wouldn't have a problem with a diatribe against BLM or the KKK, because racism is reprehensible. I don't mind people speaking out against racism.

For that matter, any racists here who wish to make an argument for their particular brand of racism are welcome to make their points here if they are able to do so without personal attacks against other forum members. Stifling discussion doesn't change opinions.

As far as Islam is concerned, neither opinions or political correctness can change the fact that we are currently at war with people who are Islamic. I wish we weren't, but wishes aren't facts, and the facts are that we are at war, violence is occurring, and people are dying on both sides.

I am not in favor of this war, but that doesn't really matter. As long as we are going to be at war, I am going to be on the side of the country I live in, but I don't require others to do so. I don't share all of the opinions expressed in the opening post, but I understand them, and people are allowed to hold and to express opinions that I disagree with. Wars have always fostered strong opinions. Pretending that we're not at war is not a logical solution.

For that matter, would you like to be required to wear a burqa? Are you in favor of female genital mutilation? Honor killings? The stoning to death of rape victims?

These are all facts about Islam. Of course, there are several sects within the Islamic religion, and these practices are not condoned or required by all of them. However, these practices are supported by the most well-funded of the Islamic sects.

You could point out that the Westboro Baptist Church doesn't represent the whole of Christianity, but there's a big difference there, in that the Westboro Baptist Church represents almost no one in the Christian world, and nearly every Christian, apart from a few members of one family, strongly disavows the Westboro Baptist Church. There is also the fact that the Westboro Baptist Church hasn't been killing people or flying planes into buildings.

If we were at war with Portuguese Presbyterians, I would expect that there would be people here who had strong opinions about Portuguese Presbyterians.
    • Try not to be overly offensive.
    • Try not to be too easily offended.
    • Play well with others.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

This thread might clarify my position on political correctness.

6. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't agree with censorship or deleting posts that I find offensive.

IMO such posts provide stimulating conversation and a little bit of soul searching to help me decide what I truly think about a difficult subject.

I agree that when we are at war we need to take precautions but we also need to learn from our past mistakes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have a problem with cookie cutters and box makers: Christians aren’t going to hell, Jews make the best bankers and doctors, and most certainly, all Muslims are terrorists. And let’s not let the Atheists out of their box because everyone knows that they all burn down churches.

Just as the Catholics and Protestants share a foundational experience but are totally different in methodology, the Sunnis and Shiites share the same foundation but are in essence very different. Matter of fact, the Sunnis and Shiites have been at war with each other for a few centuries even though they have the same foundation.
    Personally, I as a Christian have taken a nondenominational stance within my own faith and there are a lot of Christian sectarians who would seriously like to see me quickly fade away. (As in die)

There are extremists in all religions and all faiths and cast their more zealous nature in some pretty horrible ways and those are who we hear about. Extremists who are bent on the destruction of all other faiths and converting those who are left in the figurative or real rubble to their own.
    We do not hear about the people, no matter what faith, who regularly donate their time and money in the rescue mission ministries and those who run to help those in need after a natural disaster. It’s just not in human nature to look for the good in people instead of the bad. Human nature calls for box cutting because it’s tribal and that’s what we do but I do not have to like it nor be a part of it.

Now, all that said, what do we do? Do we stop each person suspected of being a Muslim and ask him or her what side of the fence they are on? For that matter, do we stop each professed Christian and ask how they stand on abortion, war, capital punishment or even Jewish Synagogues.

To make it short, I do not have an answer that would please everyone. Perhaps we really should, for lack of knowledge, look at all those who are professed Muslims in a wary fashion and put them all in a box but then, some of my Christian forerunners burned witches, persecuted Jews and chased demons so maybe some Muslim should place me in a box as well.
    Perhaps there is no answer. Perhaps we should bar the doors and allow suspicion to have the upper hand. It’s safe and makes us all feel snuggly in bed at night.
    We absolutely do have to protect our country from anyone who wishes to place their own stamp upon the one which is already in place but how to fully implement that prevention is still a question to be answered.
    There is no easy answer.

8. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Fine photo Beatrice! Much appreciated.

9. Ken Anderson

Yep, before we got involved, most of their wars were Muslim versus Muslim.

Bobby Cole likes this.