Family Gathered Around A Campfire

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Don Alaska, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My Alaska family (about half altogether) gathered to cool steaks over a campfire yesterday. Although it is almost totally dark here by 4:30 PM now, we cooked steaks at -7 F. outside and had a great time. If I could find a picture, I would post it, but the photos all got sent to Facebook, I think, and I don't mess with the wife's account. Some rode snowmobiles around through the woods and the swamp.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That sounds like fun. Something about cooking & eating out-of-doors just about doubles my appetite, although that -7 F might take the edge off a little bit.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska I like your choice of words. Cool steaks instead of cook hahaha! -7 is great for snowmobiling all wrapped up. How much snow is on the ground? I use to love snowmobiling but gave it up after a side-hilling incident that caused a mini avalanche. Awesome photo thanks for sharing! That is real living Don.

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

We only have about a foot of snow on the ground. It was -7 when we did that on Saturday afternoon, but it was -24 F. at the same time yesterday. Ironically, it warmed up over night and is only -11 this morning with a little wind. My wife's friend in interior Alaska is reporting -50 F. this morning. We have a number of men (usually) killed every year by avalanches they start doing high-marking on the mountains.