Feels Great, 22 Yr Old Grandson Visited Me

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Joy Martin, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

just visited me and brought me a bouquet of exotic flowers and pumpkin pie slice.

He's busy finishing college and finding himself and traveling and setting up his apt. He's wise and we have good discussions about life. Says he will Make Sure all my "stuff" in my apt finds good homes when I depart, includes the artwork left in my apt. Told him of the value of some of the furnishings and he's got ideas for businesses when degree is done. I feel a good relief since talking with him.

He's pro Trump and sees thru all the college brainwashing of the libs.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

You going somewhere? ;):)

3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Well since I'm not getting younger, I'll be going somewhere one of these days.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Not me. I'm here to stay. :)

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's nice, Joy. Does he live near you, or was this an out-of-state visitor?

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Glad you had a visit from him, I had one a couple months ago from daughters and 3 of the great grands, but due a grandchild visit.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We had a 1 1/2 day visit from my SIL (wife's sister) that was very nice. I surprised my wife and myself that I got along with her sister as well as I did. The rest of my wife's family we haven't seen in years, however have done a Family Zoom with them a few times. We just don't have any ambition to go back to Florida to see her brother and his has no ambition to see us either. The only place we've seen the rest of the family, who live in So. California, was in Las Vegas. That last time was in 2006. For us, no ambition to go to So California and visa-versa from them to come where we live.

The only reason we'd return to So California is for our cremation burial next to wife's son.

Or, as I tell everyone, "not all families get along" and that's basically the way it is for us.

Marie Mallery likes this.