Flood In The North Coast Of The Dominican Republic

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Martin Alonzo, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is the area that I live in and it is not over yet still more rain to come.
    Temen por el colapso de puente en Puerto Plata

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Stay safe, Martin!

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is no way to end a drought, for sure, @Martin Alonzo , and I am thankful that you built your house on a hill and are safe from the flooding. Since you are still posting, you must have an internet connection that is still working . Is there still electricity there, or is most of it out ? If I remember right, you had said that you only have electricity part of the time anyway.
    Be safe ! Sending prayers for you and your country.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for your concern but the people here handle these crises very well and some even make a game out of it. The children just came back to give me some tropical fish that the caught in the middle of the road. I do feel sorry for those who lost their homes but they do not learn. These are the same people that built along side of the river and when they lose their home all their neighbours will help them build another in the same place. We have now three days of sunlight first in two months. The grass and weed are now about 4 feet high and too wet to cut. Having fun living in paradise.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.