Food Scarcity Is Real, Speaker On Coast To Coast

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Joy Martin, Aug 23, 2024.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Last night said it all....Farmers kids are NOT taking over for the dad....1000's of
    farms are gone. What is being done, or is this too a part of RESET????

My ex was a farm boy and after college wanted no farm life. He died a tech lord and his dad died a farmer... Check last night D to C guy, Brian Risinger (sp) He has a book.

I know I have bad spelling...you can figure it out.... Scarcity

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
    John Nopales and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I am hearing of the beginnings of food shortages @Joy Martin but I haven't seen too much here yet. The small farms are being put out of business and the land if being purchased by wealthy billionaires or foreign entities, mostly China. The Federal government would be the only resource to fully solve that problem and that won't happen when the current administration is in office and may not happen if does not continue. States can help somewhat such as Arkansas and Iowa have done, but there isn't much hope for California

3. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I believe the "interpretation" of the Commerce Clause we're living under is to blame here as it is in other economic issues.

It has led to multistate corporations that can push back on quality standards, environmental concerns, the rise of GMO crops, and on and on. But it also loaded the dice against small farmers and forced states to compete in a race to the bottom, costing many states farming that could have helped them stay regionally self-sufficient and extorting tax breaks and other perks. Consumers lose by buying lower quality foods, often picked green to survive transport and warehousing.

John Nopales and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I posted the Food Scarcity info on a health group I'm a Longtime member and one gal back with:

But really it's all okay. Bill Gates has bought up all the farmland and he will take care of us! And we can all raise crickets for food in the corners of our tiny apartments and learn to like it! And Kamala will institute food price controls so no one can afford to produce food at all and we will have no food on the shelves and we will be full of JOY!
    This is your local feel good news report as the world falls apart. Tune in for ever more daily unreality!

Don Alaska likes this.