For Those That Believe About The Covid 19

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, there seems to be a lot of non-believers about the Covid 19, let alone those that refuse to get two vaccines and booster.

But, what about those that do believe about the Covid 19, have got both vaccines/booster and plan on getting #2 booster? Those that still wear a mask or double mask? Those that believe in Dr. Fauci and other medical professionals who have stated just how real Covid 19 is and how much it can affect the forum's age bracket. Even those without underlining health problems?

Whom ever you are, "the believers", this thread is for YOU!! Speak up.

Just remember, this thread is for those that "believe"!

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that this is a good idea for a thread, @Cody Fousnaugh , and it can be a place for all of the people in the forum who are vaccinated and boostered regularly to discuss their vaccinations, and how many they will need to keep getting before they feel totally secure that the vaccine is working.
    Having a support thread is probably a good thing for all of you folks who believe alike, and I will try to help you keep the negative remarks out of the thread, so that you can happily discuss vaccines and masks to your heart’s content.

Those of us who are not interested in the covid vaccine could care less if some people want to wear a mask for the rest of their life or get a booster every month.
    That is your choice, and if it makes you feel safer, by all means, do so. It is not that the rest of us object to people wearing a mask and getting vaccinated every little while that has been the problem, Cody.
    It is that those who want to wear the masks and get the vaccines and boosters want to force everyone else to do the same thing that they are doing.

So, you do your thing, let us do ours, and everything is cool for all of us.
    Happy Covid discussing……..enjoy !

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thanks, Yvonne, but the Covid debate is a huge one and still is. Yes, in less than two weeks we will be getting our #2 booster. I have high school graduation classmates that will be getting the #2 booster before they travel this coming summer. That is one of the reasons we are getting it.

But, it is most definitely a "debatable" subject. That is, until a family member or friend gets it and it puts them into the ICU. And, so of those don't have "underlining" health problems. Then again, many do.

We all have numerous choices in life. Some people make bad choices and I've done that before, while others make good choices and I've done that before as well.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh good. ANOTHER covid thread.

Faye Fox, John Brunner and Al Amoling like this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

My main concern, about so many people not following the protocol with shots and masks, was during the periods when the serious cases were surging and the hospitals were overwhelmed. Especially after the vaccines became available. I thought it was unfair to the doctors, nurses, hospital staff, etc, who were getting burned out trying to cope with after treatments.

The hospitalizations are staying down to a manageable level now. If someone is undecided and asks my opinion, I'll give it. If someone believes it is all a hoax or a conspiracy, there isn't anything you can do about it. So I quit worrying about it. I'll get a second booster. Maybe in May or June.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Actually, @Beth Gallagher , this is only a support thread for those people who are afraid of getting covid, wear masks, and support the people/doctors who tell them that they need to keep wearing masks and getting booster shots.
    It is not going to be a debate thread (we have about 5 zillion of those already), and any posts that do not fit the guidelines of being supportive of the vaccine will be either deleted or moved to one of the debate threads.
    I totally think that these people should have a place to discuss covid and not be attacked because they want to wear a mask forever.

7. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm due to get my second Moderna booster in, I think, early June. I'm mid 70s and have had quad bypass, am diabetic, etc. So I sign me up! And, although it is now largely habit, I still wear my mask a lot, and keep my distance when in stores, etc.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just and FWI, Hoot, Moderna isn't doing a #2 Booster. Only Pfizer has it. That's what wife and I are getting on the 7th of May.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Talked to my BIL this morning on the phone, he got the #2 Booster yesterday. The man he works for told him he needed to get it in order for him to continue working for him. He told me that he felt pretty bad last night, but not bad enough for the ER. Today he is feeling somewhat better, but not 100%. He told me "guess my immune system isn't as up-to-par as I thought". When I asked my wife "we still getting it?", she said "most definitely". Well, ok then.

And, on top of the #2 Booster, we are going to start doing double masking, at least for awhile.

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, I quit posting on the COVID-19 threads a long time ago. It's a waste of time and finger strokes.

The anti-vaxxers think you, I, and others who have taken the vaccine are like sheep; not intelligent enough to consider all the facts and make up our own mind.

I, personally, believe that I am of superior intellect and quite capable of looking at the dangers of the virus versus the dangers of the vaccine.

Having known several people who have died from COVIDD-19, I consider the possible danger of the vaccine the lesser of two evils. One of the people that died from it was a man in his mid 40s and in excellent health. He got the virus and died 3 or 4 days later.

Five members of my family have had it. Two of them were extremely sick but recovered. Two of them were moderately sick. One said it was like having a bad cold.

They were all young people. The virus seems to be much worse for old people like us. Based on that, I think the vaccine was the best choice for me.

I haven't decided about the second booster. The virus seems to have become less deadly as it has mutated. I'm going to wait and see what develops.

About the .......
    2nd Booster:
    People in the following groups can choose to get a 2nd booster of either Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine at least 4 months after the 1st booster:
    Adults ages 50 years and older
    People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmmm. My local Publix indicates that they have Moderna and Pfizer:

From the Publix website:

The CDC expanded COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to now include a second booster dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines for people ages 50 and over. CDC also expanded eligibility to now include a second booster:
    Of the Pfizer vaccine for certain immunocompromised individuals ages 12 and over, and
    Of the Moderna vaccine for certain immunocompromised individuals ages 18 and over.
    These eligible individuals may receive their second booster doses if they received their first booster dose at least four months ago. Please visit  cdc.gov/coronavirus* for specific eligibility information.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You're right, but the hospital we will be going to, will only have the Pfizer Booster. So, that's what we are both getting.

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, I'm still not sure I'll get the second booster. I'm leaning toward not getting it.

How many people are still getting COVID-19 where you live?

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I certainly wouldn't call you a "sheep", @Shirley Martin as you made your choice as an active thinker. The sheep on both sides are those who don't think about their choices. Those who are against the vaccine "because the government is for it" are every bit as much sheep as those who take the shot "because the government says so". They just are a different flock following a different "goat".;)

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

@Shirley Martin, we are getting the #2 Booster simply to stay on the safe side. There are many people out there that will say "we got the vaccine/booster" and really didn't. They simply don't want to be confronted by those that have really got it. IOW, who really knows who is telling the truth and who isn't?

Since we will be doing a week of traveling this coming July, we just want to be on the "extra cautious" side. As far as the amount of people in our area who are still getting Covid 19, we really don't know or care. We just want to make sure we are as protected as possible.