Former Military Americans Captured By Russia

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Two former American military men, who went to the Ukraine to help fight the Russians, have been captured by Russians and may be put to death. Here is the article about them:
    US calls Russia's threat against captured Americans 'appalling' (yahoo.com)

What do you think?

My thoughts: Both of them made the choice to go to the Ukraine to help, and with that, comes the danger of being captured and either imprisoned for numerous years or executed.

Similar to news reporters that go into an active battle zone to report. They have to know that they may not return to their homes/families.

Al Amoling, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Ron Beforee

Ron Beforee Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hard for me to feel sorry for them .. Their intentions are good I suppose ?But if one is not a member of our military .... then they are without the protection of our military / government.

Of course i hope they come home unscathed , but they had no business going in the first place..........jmo.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m sure most went for a price and knew how things could go. Whatever the reason they went, I do hope it was worth it to them.

That said, I imagine Ukraine pays well for foreign fighters as well as specialty soldiers for tech and maintenance of equipment that’s foreign to Ukraine.
    The latter soldiers are behind the lines and a bit safer but that doesn’t help much when a base is being overrun.

Al Amoling and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't worry. Biden will send the Russians ransom money to get them free.

Al Amoling and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree. They were mercenaries fighting in a foreign country on behalf of a foreign country. While they may or may not have arguments in their favor, these would have to be made via the foreign system that they agreed to become involved with. I don't think it's any business of the US government.

Al Amoling, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.