Fox News Via Youtube Videos

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Denise Evans, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Does anyone else watch Fox News only on Youtube? I don't have cable, so this is the only way I can get basic headlines each day. But lately I've noticed, Fox News videos are being "cut-off" and replaced with some guy playing what look like kids game videos?? It's just weird and I've gotten no answer from Youtube as to why news videos that show they are 52 minutes (for example) but only go for a less than half that time before dumb game takes over.

Anyway, I didn't know if this happens on other videos besides Youtube, or, others here on SOC that may see this happen on Fox as much as I do.

Here is the one it just happened on, and I had another do the same thing earlier. You can see what the video is titled and it starts at about 26:00 into video, after that I mean:

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What you are watching is not actually Fox News, @Denise Evans . If you look at the name of the person who put the video online, it looks like an oriental name, maybe Chinese or Japanese , “Noinyan”.
    He probably records the actual Fox video and renames it to sound like it is really from Fox News, and then he puts it on youtube and makes money from people like you watching the video. The reason for the games is that he probably played the game and had it recorded, but the Fox News video did not run as long as his video game video, so it starts playing near the end.
    Here is a screenshot, so you can see his youtube channel. In the bottom right corner is the video you posted above, and I have circled in red where it shows his name as the person posting the video. You can see all the other videos he has listed look like they are actual new videos, too.

070C094E-1701-4D56-A55D-A294C74442F4.jpeg

3. Denise Evans

Registered

ohmygosh, I get it Yvonne, did not even think of any of that! Ok, I'll just watch the ones that show Fox. I'm subscribed to fox videos so thought those were what were coming up, I'll get them from their subscription page on Youtube. Thanks so much!! Now I wished I'd just asked you but didn't know who might know ;) denise :)

Lara Moss and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What happens with youtube, is once you watch a video about some topic, or one from a certain youtube channel, youtube will start showing you more videos from that person, even if you are not subscribed to their channel. So , after you watched the first video he put out , then youtube started sending you more of his videos, and since you thought they were from Fox News and watched them, they kept sending them in your video feed.

I watch videos of gaited horses, and so when i go to youtube, my feed shows all kinds of horses for sale, as well as the kombucha videos, and whatever else I have been watching, even though I am not subscribed to those channels. So, if I watch one video about making kombucha, youtube shows me more videos that person put out, even if it is not about kombucha.
    It is interesting how youtube selects videos for us to watch !

Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Denise Evans

Registered

7. Denise Evans

Registered

that's weird, now it's not available. I really thought they were just blocking part of Fox News. Glad that wasn't it ;)

8. Denise Evans

Registered

9. Denise Evans

Registered

You know, this is just about the last straw that's been holding my mind together :( The invasion continues, and it looks to me like they are winning. I won't ask what is wrong with people because I already know, that their brains are polluted by the swamp creatures.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

yes, I have only watched videos in the past, but haven't been watching news at all for months probably. I just can't do it these days. I'm trying to wean off a prescribed medication that I was told was not addictive. Well guess what, it obviously is. Another time I may talk more about that, but my anxiety at times is through the roof and I can't watch what is happening to our country :(

Lara Moss, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No…..he was given a leave and he went to Florida for a week or so.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh brother, we can't get the real info at all anymore. I know I heard on youtube he was let go, not off on off on an expense-paid, no doubt, vacation. It's so disgusting I could puke.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

amen to that @Don Alaska How I miss Rush :( I suppose I better start watching more news on Twitter/Rumble if I'm going to keep up with SOC :D:p

14. Denise Evans

Registered

This is a shocker as I always "assumed" which was my big mistake, that Carlson was for Trump but I've heard The Washington Post is a good source of true info, or did I?? LOL, I honestly don't know if I heard that or not, my brain is out to lunch this a.m. o_O

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Keep in mind that Fox is still MSM, although they do usually show both sides more than the other outlets, and have conservative commentators on many shows. Their news shows themselves are crap.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.