Frank Sinatra Sings That Love Is Better The Second Time Around. Is It?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Vinny Waccio, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was in love with my ex fiancé for 5 years until she cheated while I was in combat in Vietnam. Saw this happen a lot in old WWII movies and always felt sorry for the guy. Never expected to get a Dear John letter myself. Luckily it was the best thing to happen to me as she became a drug addict, developed some serious mental illnesses and divorced her husband as soon as his last college tuition check for her son from another unknown man, cleared. She is now married to a women. So I ended up dodging bullets in combat and love. :)

Then I met my wife of 46 years. Another blessing from my ex’s cheating. I was older and more able to understand love and how to handle it. Yes it was better the second time around. So good that is literally was love at first sight since we got engaged two weeks after we met. I thought I knew love buy only really knew it the second time around.

I have a few divorced friends who found true love their second time and are married for a few decades to their second wife. How about you? Only in love once?

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

My first and second marriage, to the same lady, was much more of a physical attraction than love. I wanted it to work, but she really wanted a guy who had money and could give her the kind of lifestyle her parents did. That lifestyle sure wasn't the type I ever had or could have.

Now, my third marriage, it is definitely about "love"...…...have no doubt about it. With so many interests and lifestyle the same, yep, "love".

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Not for me...my only one true love was my late husband.

I tried a second time after my husband died but he didn't even come close....I didn't marry him though, just lived with him.

I liked him but don't think I loved him.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

My marriage to my second wife after the death of my first wife was a good one and lasted 25 years. Both wives were True Loves
    Second marriage was a Amicable Divorce due to logistic and family concerns but we still care for one another and communicate regularly.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You're lucky!

I dated quite a few men after my husband died and just didn't find the one....

Made a bad choice once but who knows what would have been different.

After my live in SO moved back to Ohio I started dating a very nice guy from Shaver Lake. Even took him with me when I had to watch my grandsons for a week and he was great. My kids liked him and my grandsons liked him....I liked him also but didn't love him...yet anyway.

Then my ex wanted to come back to me...he convinced me and I chose him....for the wrong reasons.

Then after a year we split again. I decided to call Mike and found out he died...he was only 57. Had a heart attack on his treadmill. :(

Maybe if I stayed with him, things might have gone differently but who knows..

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Love and marriage was better for me the third and final time around! :)

7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, it's definitely been different the second time around. I miss the shared memories that my late husband and I had from 37 years of marriage.