From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, stink! I hope he has good insurance.

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

To change the subjet, I've been reading about this lady who found this Blond Timber Rattler
    in or around her yard. They say it is so rare we don't know how rare it is, impossible to speculate.
    Here's a photo she took.
    30E3380C-3D18-4029-B8E7-461258A333CA.jpeg
    Pretty thing, isn't it.

Ruby Begonia and Nancy Hart like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Sure would make a pretty pair of shoes. :)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Registered

After reading about the above I have been reading about poison snakes in this country, mainly rattlesnakes.
    thirty-two species, 83 subspecies. I used to hunt them, photograph them when I could find them. When I was
    in the photographic club, a good close up of a poisonous snake almost always got good reviews but you had
    to have a good photo

Shirley Martin and Ruby Begonia like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, you might have your new roof inspected after the hailstorm. We moved into this house (new) in June 1994 and that October a hailstorm ruined the roof. It looked fine from the ground but a roofing inspector said it was damaged and our homeowner's insurance replaced it.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

I'll have it checked.

Ruby Begonia and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

Wish I had a wheelchair to cary a portable oxygen bottle, you know one of those to hang a portab;e on. I could go places outside I cant go now.
    I need a visit from an engineer or maybe a virtual visit from Frank.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Bill What do you have for Oxygen....My wife has a concentrator that she's on 24/7/365 unless she goes out then she has a small bottle with about 3 hrs of Oxygen

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

Al, I have a large concentrator Im on 24/7. I keep ten portable tanks tanks cf two different sizes and one huge bac k up tank in case of power outage. What makes mine different is the concentrater and my portables use a fifferent
    valve. They are open flow valves instead of pulsr valves. My breathing is not sufficient, not strong enoughtto activate a pulse valve. my open flow valves don’t last as long. My smaller bottle lasts an hour and a half and a half
    at most.. If they were pulse valve(gives you oxygen when you breath) it would last three house. Bit the oxygen comes out whether or not you are breathing it.

I can no longer walk and carry it and on my old wheelchair there is no. place to hang it where it won’t interfere with the wheels?

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

Looks like another stormy night.

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have some rattlers around here, but copperheads are the most common venomous snake. Here's one I saw while sitting on my tractor:

SNake 1a.jpg
    This is cropped from a wider view.

Snake1 circled.jpg

They are not highly venomous. They rarely kill humans, and often strike more to get you to back off than to waste their venom on something they would not eat. It's painful, but not often deadly...or so they say.

This one struck at my front end loader. I've never seen (nor heard) a rattlesnake around here or anywhere else.

Frank Sanoica and Bill Boggs like this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Registered

My son trimmed a couple of trees in my front yard. I now have a pile of limbs laying in my front yard
    that I don't know how I'm going to get rid of.
    I will get it checked but I hate to think one hall storm can ruin a roof with the best shangles of it's typle available.
    It doesn't say much for the shangles available if that's the case. Of course I know roofers are likely to say
    there is damage because that is their livelihood, installing new roofs.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

It did storm again last night. Had eight or nine small tornados touch down briefly across western Oklahoma,
    one up and down for some two hundred and fifty miles with multiple vortex tornados. I suppose some of the
    worst damage was to a airplane hanger, a building with two planes and three vechiles inside. Then between
    five and six this morning a small tornado touched in a neighborhood in Oklahoma City. We got rain. I didn't
    hear any hail falling. But it is getting old having storms coming through night which turn servere.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

See if your homeowner's insurance company will provide an inspection. If the roof doesn't need replacing I'm sure they won't pay to have a new one put on.

15. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes my woofs concentrator is pulse but her portable tanks she can run either pulse or continuous. When ever she went (she doesn't any more) to the doctors office she use to run the tank on continuous. I was just wondering whether something like the Inogen system might work for you.