From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

My prime objective today was to shave. It is four pm and I still haven’t shaved. I have a good three weeks growth.
    I have been using both an electric and a blade shaver on my beard when it is this long. I’m thinking I might need
    a new electric razor. I would really like to stand at the bathroom sink and shave with a blade but I can’t stand that long. I’ve shaved with an electric Norelco mostly since the early eighties but I was working and shaved every day.

Does anyone like a Brian shaver? I’m thinking of having my son take my credit card and telling him to get me the
    razor he’d like to have. Most of these razors are high priced now days. Maybe I’ll wait till tomorrow.

2. Bill Boggs

Registered

I used to watch pro football. The DallasCowboys were my team. I dropped pro football. I don’t do basketball
    or baseball. i watch college football. My team has been Oklahoma but my favorite coach left for southern
    California who hasn’t had a winning team in a decade. It is about all over this year. Football is all about money and power, so li is a game of millionaires and we watch how coaches use the teams to make more money. I guessit is a man hing.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll be watching GA/AL with you. Georgia is favored by 6.5 pts last I checked. It would be nice to get it on YouTube, so I can play solitaire during the time outs.

I don't understand a lot of the details, because there are too many terms I'm not familiar with. Need a glossary. The big improvement for me was when they started marking the yellow line on TV. :)

4. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yeh, that was a good addition.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Registered

I watched the whole game (OSU/Baylor). OSU almost pulled it off.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

I bought a razor Saturday. I shaved Saturday morning with my old shaver. I have put fivenew heads on it since 19d84.
    Had about three weeks of growth. I started to buy another new head but decided enough is enough. I could buy a new
    razor for what these old heads cost, so that's what I did. Bought a Brian this time. Also bought a Phillips Norelco trimmer.
    I should be able to skin a bear with the equipment I bought in addition to getting a good shave. Yet I doubt they make 'em
    llike they used to.

7. Bill Boggs

Registered

Oklahoma is back. After a devastating week when their head coach up and left for Southern California, some here have felt depressed. The coach that left is my guy. He's from my part of the country, he's going to try to bring Southern Cal out of the cellar, up into the sunlight so they might be able to play with anyone in the country. I hope he succeeds.

OU hired the defensive coordinator from Clemson, Brent Venebles. Venebles spent ten years at OU before going to Clemson. His first time to b a head coach but he has turned down head coaching jobs.
    I think he's good fit.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

I watched last Saturday's college football games. I watched the big 12 playoff between
    Oklahoma State and Baylor. Baylor didn't score in the second half but with several goal
    line stands, they kept Oklahoma State from scoring, winning them the Big 12 Conference.
    Pretty good game.

I also watched Michigan and Ohio State. Great win for Michigan in the Big Ten.

Also watched Georgia and Alabama. What can one say? It's awful hard to keep Alabama
    down. Now the playoffs began with the Bowl games, the Big four, Sugar, Peach, Orange,
    and Rose. Then the playoff for tthe National Championship. Come a day, come a day.

Shirley Martin and Nancy Hart like this.
  9. Nancy Hart

Registered

And can you believe, there is a slim chance Georgia may have to play Alabama AGAIN? :p:rolleyes::eek:

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

I know, I know.

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Come a day, come a day.:)

Nancy Hart likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Replacing your head, sounds a lot easier than shaving!;)

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish I had thought of that. :p

Joe Riley likes this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

My nurse practitioner spent an hour and twenty minutes with me this morning.
    She brought up the possibility it may be time to bring in hospice. We, my self;
    my nurse; my wife; and my son. Net result is I’m going to think about it. I don’t
    have a good opinion of hospice based on experirnce with family and friends.

15. Nancy Hart

Registered

I do NOT have a good opinion of hospice either. It may depend on the group that handles it.

In my experience, hospice care workers avoided addressing some medical issues. Issues not directly related to the main illness causing the problem in the first place. Minor medical issues that could have been treated successfully, in my opinion.

Who initiated the discussion of this in the first place? The hospital doctors?

They can suggest this to you, and since they are doctors one tends to think they know the situation better than you. Not always the case. It's just what some of them do routinely.