Full Circle

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Von Jones, May 8, 2021.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My favorite aunt came to pick up my mom one day and took a liking to my wall decor and when she saw the bell she said with great enthusiasm, 'Ooo, Evonne I want one just like that.' Now I found the bell at a thrift store and I thought what are the chances of me finding another one. Well, I did and I gave it to her. She was so surprised.

She died in 2009 and her husband a year later. I wondered what happened to all of their belongings because I would have liked to have that bell as a rememberance of her.

FULL CIRCLE 004.jpg

Well, last year my son and I were at the flea market. I was digging through boxes and crates for treasures and couldn't believe me eyes when I saw this at the bottom of a crate.

FULL CIRCLE 005.jpg

The vendor was listening as I was telling my son how much finding this meant to me and chimed right in with agreement that it was meant for me to find. I would have paid whatever he asked to have it. $1 is all he wanted.

What full circle stories would you like to share?

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

That is amazing! I have never seen one like that before either. The only story I can think of is my giving away a painting I did with the understanding that if they ever got tired of it I would get it back. They ended up selling it and the person that bought it had it for sale at a show for $500. I showed them on the back where I had written about gifting it with the return agreement. It didn't matter the price was $500. Later a friend went back and bought it and still has it.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

that was mean on their part :mad:

Von Jones and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow. You have a friend indeed.