Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

We all know its as cold as a well diggers shovel in Canada in the winter tijme, Steve. !!!! we are not stupid,,!!
    thats why we moved from Maine, its just too dang cold in the winter time,,!!!!along with all the snow. But. it comes with the territory..!!
    You need to move South Steve.. you will be nice and warm,,!!!

Yep, just move to Florida for the winter,!! everyone else does..!!! its nice and warm, there , !!! but please do not complain about the hot weather either!!!! icon_lol.gif

2. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

its 5 pm here and no sign of our Miss Shirley! im getting worried,, [​IMG]

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I have had two drop in companies today. One came in just as I was going to play the games and stayed until just a while ago. Now it's almost time for me to go.

The weatherguessers are saying we might get snow this weekend. Stay tuned, they say, because it might change. :)

4. Shirley Martin

Registered

Nite nite, y'all. See you tomorrow.

5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Bye bye .time to go check if I can put the latest lot of dry apricots away

6. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry..... I didn't know that all caps was yelling.... First I hear of it....
    OK...... No more all caps and no more weather notices.... I promise..!!!

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

There as NOT my words. :):):):) @Steve North I copied / pasted from online regarding posting messages online written in caps or bold :):):)

When to Write in All Caps.
    Internet etiquette generally discourages the use of all caps when posting messages online. While all caps can be used as an alternative to rich-text "bolding" for a single word ..or phrase, to express / emphasis , repeated use of all caps is considered "shouting " / irritating / rude

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

We still don’t have any answers if and when our internet will be connected and our wi fi just keeps dropping out
    useless as a 2 Bob watch at this time of the year with so many visitors in the area spreading Covid .
    We was supposed to get a phone call today but no such luck they forget they made an appointment with us .
    So are suppose to call about 6 pm tonight..we will just have to wait and see if it happens

9. Steve North

Registered

Again.................. Sorry for yelling that I didn't know about...
    I would never do anything in the world to upset my favourite girls .....

Kate Ellery likes this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Registered

I didn't know that either, Steve. I learn something new every day.

Now for my latest weather report; we are forecast to have either rain, freezing rain. a wintry mix of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow Sunday. Stay tuned for the latest update. :)

11. Shirley Martin

Registered

I just posted doggone in the compound word thread and it reminded me of a silly song.

Doggone, my dog's gone.
    Best doggone dog I ever owned is gone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I forgot what that line is.
    And I sure do miss his com-pah-nee.

Now it's stuck in my head. Does that ever happen to y'all?

12. Steve North

Registered

No games tonight...
    I will tell you tomorrow why, but in the meantime, I must go to bed very early tonight as I must be up at 7:00am..

13. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’ve just home from our city trip …at 3.30 pm ……now let me look at the time in What’s a name where Dear Shirley , Louise and are Steve live , they all must be sound asleep ….Shhhhh I’ll try to be quiet so i don't wake em up …….it’s 12.15 am in Shirley Ville :):D

So anyway we get our will stuff updated as well as the advance care directive, important stuff In our opinion it’s sorta medial stuff what you’d like to happen if you was unable to speak regarding medical
    treatment. our Dr encourages it eventho it’s things you don’t really want to talk about ..oh well ..

Looks highly likely poor me will be playing a few games all by myself :p

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Steve North

Registered

IMG_1561.JPG I'm back................ Here's what happened.... Here is a picture of her forehead..
    We had a sort of an accident yesterday here with my wife Annmarie.. We were at the supermarket and she noticed a rack next to the entrance with flower pots and a sign that said "free" so she went to see what they were.. She picked up a planter and headed towards the back of my car that I was sitting in.. When I saw her coming, I opened up the back-hatch from the inside to help her load the heavy plant.. She didn't notice the hatch going up and it hit her in the head just above her left eye by the hairline in her forehead.. She developed a swelling bump the size of a peach pit.. I took an empty plastic bag and filled it up with snow and put it on her wound for about 30 minutes to let the swelling go down.. Needless to say, she was in pain.. That night, she threw up and had a severe headache.. Today I took her to the emergency at the hospital to be examined..
    She has a concussion .. A mild one, but still....... She has a very nasty bruise above her eye that is all colours like green, yellow, and dark blue..

15. Kate Ellery

Registered

Ouch that looks sore / nasty , best wishes to Annemarie for a quick recovery .