Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

We have an electric fireplace..
    Our house is all electric heating.. Electric forced hot air for the main floor and electric baseboard heating for the bedrooms.. Electric fireplace.. We have an electric blanket on our bed..
    Window air conditioning unit in the living room for the summer.. Electric hot water tank..
    Our house doesn't have a chimney..

2. Steve North

Registered

I JUST RECEIVED THIS NOTICE.... CHECK IT OUT FOR THE AMOUNT OF SNOW...

Issued at 06:35 Friday 18 November 2022

Winter weather travel advisory in effect for this evening through Saturday evening.

Hazards:
    Snowfall amounts of 30 to 50 cm.
    Reduced visibility in heavy snow.

Timing:
    Beginning this evening.
    Ending Saturday evening.

Discussion:
    Locally heavy flurries and snow squalls are forecast to develop this evening and persist into Saturday evening as a result of southwesterly winds off Lake Huron.

###

Travel may be hazardous due to sudden changes in the weather. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery.

For road conditions and other traveler information from the Ministry of Transportation, visit https://www.ontario.ca/511, https://www.twitter.com/511Ontario, or call 5-1-1.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

3. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

:D:D its the most wonderful time of the year,, squcold.gif
    Stay in the house ,no need go anywhere for awhile..
    Its Canada after all. seems to happen every winter ..Ayah !

Marie Mallery and Shirley Martin like this.
  4. Steve North

Registered

Here we are at 7:00am on Saturday and so far they had predicted we would be getting a ton of snow...
    So far all we had is a light dusting of under 2cms.. That's less than one inch..
    This isn't the first time that our Environment Canada is wrong.. However the day isn't over, yet !!!
    Looks like the Niagara region and Buffalo New York is getting it bad..
    That means the storm passed south of us..

5. Louise Miller

Registered

Hello Steve, yes , im sure your glad it passed by you!! and yes New Yawk is smothered in snow!!! .. but again , it happens every winter..
    Th most amount of snow here is usually 2 inches, lol ....and it's mostly just light dustings of snow.. so i cannot complain about snow,, And our cold temps are when we only get down to 30 degrees or less and it never does last too long,, we do , sometimes have rain and then freezing temps,, but they always knows when it will happen and then the Town puts ice melt on the highways so the roads do not get icy.

Our little town takes very good care of our highways here,, the only time i miss Maine is the summer time, , of course we get lots of visitors at that time too but still the Summers and Falls are the best days in Maine,

6. Steve North

Registered

Well, the storm is all over and as usual, we didn't get anywhere what they predicted..
    We got about 5cms of snow, that's all..... We had a few moments of severe snow squall but not much accumulation and at times, high winds....... Bottom line is the storm seems to have been more severe in the Niagara region...
    With the snow we had before and this new fall, my snow flowers are doing just fine...

7. Louise Miller

Registered

Glad to hear that Steve,
    I will not be here tonight , Our church is having their Thanksgiving dinner tonight ,,,, so have to make a cake to bring yet..
    and we should be home later this evening, i will stop by,, see ya then,

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

They say that the Buffalo area had 6½ feet of snow! My mind won't even comprehend that much snow. And it was still snowing last night when I saw that.

9. Steve North

Registered

I also can't imagine that much snow in one fall..
    We have had 24 inches at one time which is a horror in itself but that much, ????

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, you were talking about moving farther south to get away from some of the snow and brutal cold. Take my advice...... don't move close to Buffalo!!!! :)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  11. Steve North

Registered

Shirley.. I NEVER had any intentions of moving that way..
    We were looking at North Bay, Ontario but for now, we decided to stay put here as we just love the life up here.. Besides, it costs us almost nothing to live in our house compared to living in a seniors building..
    To give up the freedom and the out of doors that we have, to move into a cube in the building, NO thanks for now...

12. Louise Miller

Registered

Good idea Steve, neither you or your wife need home care, yet ..Thank goodness ,, and i honestly hope you don't ,
    But its something to look into ,,if and when it ever happens that you might have to do that at some point in time in your life,,,,
    But you both take good care of each other now as it is,,
    I consider you both as blessed right now,,

13. Steve North

Registered

Thanks Louise, however we both know that eventually we will be in the position where we just can't cope with our house anymore.. At that time, we will have no choice but to make a decision what the next move in our lives will be...
    Hopefully it won't be anytime soon, but who knows...

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, instead of Shuffling off to Buffalo you'll be shoveling out of Buffalo.:p

Louise Miller likes this.
  15. Louise Miller

Registered

[​IMG]
    Here is a pic i had found on line that looks just like the new very young cat from the Shelter that we got ,for our older look alike cat,,
    And i cannot get a pic of them together like this,,as they are not that close yet!! LOL.
    I hope in time they will be able to be side by side ,like this,, time will tell..