Gangs Of New York And Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Dwight Ward, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think it is because the Party hasn't changed all that much. White Democrats still assume that black people aren't smart enough to figure out how to obtain an ID, skilled enough to get a job, intelligent enough to compete in an even playing field, or capable of making up their own minds about anything. Just as the plantation owners 150 years ago feared and hated any black slave who learned to read and write, and dared to offer an opinion about anything, white Democrats today hate any black person who doesn't allow the largely white leadership of the Democrat Party do their thinking for them. Yeah, the overall environment in which they live has changed, but white Democrats are still convinced that black people are dependent upon them, and very much want to keep them dependent. Their nominee for president couldn't have made that clearer when he said that someone isn't really black unless they vote Democrat, and you can see that in the absolute hatred they display against any black person who dares look elsewhere.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Much of that's true, especially the distain in which which independent black thinkers are held..Still, to think that the party of today gets its belief system from the party of the distant past is too simplistic. Those people are long dead. We have new people who've come up with their ideas afresh. If they're racist, that racism is entirely their own.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’ve watched some of Officer Tatum’s stuff on YouTube and I find that they’re pretty much on the money but that said, I’m not too sure that this is the best place to put this video. It involved BLM and yes it does make some very poignant points about how hypocritical the BLM movement along with the media is. It’s a pretty sad picture of what is really happening in black communities.

4. Brian Naginoth

Brian Naginoth Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes. The evil folk are fully in our face these days. They told us what they were going to do us, and now, for a while yet, they are doing it. I have the Gangs of New York movie precisely because it was an indicator of what was to come in current times. BTW it was a violent documentary but one every school kid should see at least once. It WAS part of history. Like it or lump it.