Good And Not So Good News

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Thomas Stillhere, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Got an email from one of the 336th maintenance guys. He was just telling me about the guys still at facebook saying hello etc. He also was asking if I had a photo of an aircraft but I don't have one of that particular one. So it is always great to hear from the guys but I tried going to the old 336th website to look at the personal photos of everyone that had checked in over the past 20 years. The site was no longer online, I thought for sure the owner's two sons would have left it online knowing how much their Father loved it. He passed away just 3 months ago or it could have been 5 months, I am old and days and months are all in the same for me. So I am sad that the site is now gone, it was loaded with email contact and information and a long list of all of us who found the site in the late 1990s. The visits from people started dropping off years ago simply because a lot of us were literally dropping off. I copied all the audio files made on some pretty scary nights for firefly. I haven't posted any because of the language in a few places, knowing someone would complain. Facebook would have been a great social platform if the owners would have allowed it to be a free speech platform, it isn't and never will be with so many foreigners hating us and they have those positions to strike out using their powers of dictators. I have lot of people still there but I just can't stomach allowing some bad people looking down over not just me but all Americans. It is much like google, most all of their staff world wide is anti American and foreigners.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are a few internet archive sites. Here is one of them. You enter the web address of the site you're looking for and it brings up an archived version(s). You might be able to grab some of that info you're looking for there, Thomas.

I don't know enough about it to say if there are multiple such archive sites or if there is just one archive initiative with different fronts to it. You can search "Internet Wayback Machine" and find more links to front ends like the one I posted.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

You can't totally change the citizenry of a nation and expect it to remain the same.
    Also, a nation without borders is no nation at all.

4. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There are penalties, "wages", results of idolatry - idolatry which inundates the country even more as the idolators flood in almost immeasurable numbers.
    As the wickedness grows, the nation is reaping what it sows, same as all other nations/peoples/ groups.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Where can you find free speech, uncensored, do you think ?

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Did you ever read this ?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/america-is-great-de-tocqueville/

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors and her ample rivers, and it was not there. I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her fertile fields and boundless forests, and it was not there. I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her rich mines and her vast world commerce, and it was not there. I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her public school system and her institutions of learning, and it was not there. I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her democratic Congress and her matchless Constitution, and it was not there. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great.

[​IMG]

8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Snopes is not a reliable we source of information

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I've heard that too.

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

No. Took a brief look though just now.
    So, not only is he a criminal / wicked in God's Sight,

he did not even say what they quote him saying, not that it matters at all.