Good News - Surprisingly Coming Out Of California

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joseph Carl, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Veteran Member
    Registered

While the U.S continues its secular trend, there's been numerous articles over the past year suggesting that a new Gospel revival is gaining momentum on college campuses. It's encouraging to see some of the nation's youth embracing Christianity again, and with the boldness of a few prominent, influential superstars, perhaps there's hope yet for America to regain back some its godly heritage. I hope and pray so.

Meanwhile, take a look at this good news coming out of liberal, sinful California. Like the overturning of Roe vs Wade, I guess God's hand is still on this country's affairs.

https://www2.cbn.com/news/us/bigges...y-4166-baptized-historic-beach-jesus-movement

2. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This is good news if it's the real thing and not a watered down version of the gospel message.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wonder if even a watered-down version might bring people into the tent so they get thirsty for more, read on their own, and become the next crop of believers. I've thought that of the new homosexual leanings in established congregations. Mysterious ways...

4. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’m completely fed up with how far left the pendulum has swung and have been hoping that it would soon begin to swing the other way. Everything moves in cycles; it’s just sometimes hard to believe because it doesn’t swing fast enough.

5. John Brunner

All you gotta do is infiltrate/take over Media and Education. The rest of are merely living our lives, while destroying our culture is what these "Others" live for.

I'm on another site and there's an article about a Delegate in my state (Virginia) who is going to introduce a bill that would hold parents criminally liable for refusing to treat their children as the opposite sex if they identify as such. In other words, the state schools fill the child's head full of this crap, and the parents will be charged if they don't go along.

One comment really set me off, treating it as a "Does not matter, it won't get anywhere." The mere fact that such a thing could even be thought--much less introduced as legislation--is what matters.

6. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This state where I live has terrible morning am news and the national tripe media is taking up the space of what once was good news. I honestly believe all these small stations were all bought up by the left to continue the tripe and dumb down America. I can't stand to watch any of them. I keep busy doing what I enjoy and when the day comes they stop showing cowboys and indians on grit then I will just turn off the tele. I know doing so I have not missed any news worth listening to.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Thomas Windom

Registered

We’re in a sad situation. Virginia is my home state; can’t believe how far it has fallen.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Thomas Windom

Registered

John Brunner likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It always begins that way. One legislator makes what appears to be a nutty idea. Most people ignore it, passing it off as what it seems to be. Later, a group of legislators will propose what would have otherwise been a nutty idea, although it doesn't go quite as far as the first proposal. People protest, and it doesn't pass. In various forms, it comes up again and again. In time, the majority, who are against it, get tired of fighting something they've already fought before, or they start to feel like they've already taken care of that, and it passes. That's how gay marriage passed in Maine, and that's how pedophilia will eventually become legal unless there is a drastic shift to the right. The first steps have already been taken, and it will be sold as the rights of the child to do what he or she wants with his or her own body.

Joseph Carl and John Brunner like this.
  10. John Brunner

https://thenewamerican.com/girl-6-performed-oral-sex-in-class-with-teacher-in-room/

A six year old girl performed oral sex on a classmate with a teacher present in the room. Someone recorded it.

The horrific event at South Elementary (Plainview TX) first came to the attention of parents after a video of the sex act was found on a school district-issued device. From there, despite officials' efforts to cover it up, word spread rapidly as parents and members of the community began protesting and demanding answers from officials online and outside the school.

Parents are reporting that their little girls are coming home with bruises put there by the little boys for not "playing along."

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  11. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was just surfing online to try and find a few old friends that may or may not still be alive in Oklahoma City. No luck at all and not much chance of finding one old buddy. Then I went back to Houston and tried again to find another close friend in my younger days that had gone to Reagan High because she only lived a block away from the front entrance on 131/2 street. I was surprised to see that they had renamed Reagan High. I guess the changes never stop and today's people have no respect for history of any kind. I think our schools were destroyed years ago when the city funneled all the money to hire Spanish speaking teachers and forever cover up white culture. Every last school I attended in Houston have been torn down and new schools. You will be very hard pressed to find white kids in Houston Schools. The takeover is complete and now the history is becoming very hard to uncover because those old records of the schools are long gone, and for a reason. Things happening today such as in this topic are becoming normal activity it seems. I was one of the first to migrate out of Houston in the summer of 82. I was working at River Oaks Chrysler and lived way to hell out in Conroe. I hated that drive every morning thru the foggy piney woods it was so dangerous and the weather also. I would drive from Interstate 45 over to I-59 to come into Houston from that direction because it was easier and less traffic, until Friday evenings when everyone was in a hurry to get home for the weekend. I have sit in that traffic in my little Vega Station Wagon with my nose pressed against the window trying to see if traffic was ever going to move again. Light rain was the killer and I could have walked home quicker than drive. In the end I think I made the best decision I ever made, GTHOOD. I've never looked back and don't miss it simply because I am a stranger. I am so happy I never had any children being raised in the crazy world we live in today.

Ken Anderson and John Brunner like this.
  12. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes I think there are two different worlds. The first is that portrayed by the media and the second being reality. DeSantis is the tip of the reality iceberg with his push-back of the woke ideology in Florida.

Joseph Carl and John Brunner like this.
  13. John Brunner

"Trans people" claim to be fleeing Florida due to new "anti-trans" legislation. But the only thing out there are new laws preventing surgery for mutilation of minors.

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just thoughts.
    4000 Baptisms by full immersion which means that 4000 people have openly declared that their lives have changed and they are now whole through Jesus Christ.
    It is indeed a wonderful thing and a grand event to see.

Not to diminish the Baptisms in any way, but there is a much larger miracle to the event that isn’t being acknowledged as much as I would think.
    Yes, 4000 people made open declarations but to have 280 individual congregations come together for no other reason than to want to revive the Body of Jesus Christ, well, I’ve never seen anything like it.

Just as the Body of Jesus Christ is the church, 280 separate congregations of the church came together as one. It is as it should be and perhaps a much larger miracle in the making.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Joseph Carl and Thomas Stillhere like this.