Grape Seed Extract Health Benefits

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joy Martin, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So true. I research brands to ad nauseam.:D

2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What is wrong is that it doesn’t prove anything. It might be generally true, it might not. It is an uncontrolled occurrence and even if it correlates well with some effect, correlation does not mean causation, so again, it means nothing.

Nothing really “requires” a patent. It simply provides the inventor/developer/manufacturer protection against someone stealing their idea and becoming a competitor. It would be very unwise to proceed without a patent but it isn’t always required. Company contracts might require patent claims be issued for anything invented by their employees but only because it’s smart to do so.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2023
    Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

What is healthy used to be free and legal to tell.
    The patent/ greed/ process complicated what once was siimple legally.

It interferes with people's health, because the purpose of a patent, as you have noted, is to protect someone's wealth/profits/etc ... it is all about money. See the other thread lately? Medicine is all about money ?

We have seen people dying, recover. That is not proo
    We have seen people sick, even after years seeing dozens of doctors who take money... and the people got sicker or not better anyway,
    until they went outside the recommended poisons.

Then they got better.

Nope, that's not proof.

No worry, don't ask for proof. The "proof" seems to be in the poison.... Doctor's make money at it, pharmakeia makes trillions at it, and the non-toxic, not poisonous , without proof, without profits, still works.

Why does money, profit, greed, keep such good information 'secret' from the public ?

4. Thomas Windom

Registered

So, what do you propose? Make pharmaceutical companies produce stuff under forced labor? Do away with them altogether? I have no love of corporate American, in fact I think that the SCOTUS decision recognizing corporations as having the same rights as humans is one of the biggest travesties ever committed (https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/118/394/). Nevertheless, every company must make a profit or die. Do some companies abuse that situation? Absolutely. Is is all the fault of the company or the fault of politicians, judges, regulatory agencies, etc. they have in their pockets? People are greedy, self interested little shits in general and anything they touch, they corrupt.

Correct. It's not.

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

So, then, after all,

do you hope ever to get better, and let others get better,

or do you want and choose to remain under the druglords regime ?

6. Thomas Windom

Registered

You act as if there’s no choice. You and I, all of us, are going to evaluate things, foods, supplements, pharmaceuticals, and decide what we think is best for ourselves. This is as it should be, IMO. It is naive though to believe that pharmaceuticals have accomplished nothing and all our health advances have been from picking out the right supplements. There is simply overwhelming evidence to the contrary. A trivial example, do you really believe smallpox was eliminated by diet or was it by scientifically developed and tested vaccines? Feel free to do whatever you want. You should. If, for whatever reason however, you want to change my mind and the minds of many others, you will need proof, actual proof; the kind that can be tested, verified, confirmed or falsified, not just revulsion at the pharmaceutical industry and conspiracy theories.

7. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

We all know Millions will Never wander into the world of Supplements yet Grape Seed Extract. I was talking to a friend who turned 91 yesterday and her biggies are Grape Seed Extract amd some Zinc product and she may have said Vit C. Yet she and her husband owned a heath food store in our town about 50 yrs ago, it was the first in our town.

Here are some High Points of Grape Seed Ex

Some remarkable health benefits of the amazing grape seed extract nutrition supplement include:

• Strengthen the immune system: OPCs help the body produce glutathione, which is a potent antioxidant that protects DNA and strengthens the immune system. Thus, grape seed extract is useful in improving the overall health of a person by strengthening immunity.
    • Chemoprotective function: Studies have found that OPCs may inhibit the growth of colon, prostate, breast, stomach, and lung cancer cells. OPC act as aromatase inhibitors, which helps treat cancer, specifically hormone-dependent breast cancer. OPC exhibit selective cytotoxicity toward selected human cancer cells, while enhancing the growth and viability of normal cells.
    • Treatment of cancer: Various cancer chemotherapeutic agents induce cardiotoxicity and neurotoxicity. Many studies imply that concomitant administration of antioxidants may prevent these adverse effects. Research studies that assessed the effect of Grape seed extract along with administration of chemotherapeutic agents as cancer treatment suggested that OPCs ameliorate the cytotoxic effects on normal cells and tissues induced by chemo/radiotherapy. Thus, for cancer patients on chemo or radiotherapies, grape seed extract can reduce the side effects of chemo/ radiotherapies, with health benefits for the patient.
    • Hypertension: Studies suggest that grape seed extract may be used as adjunctive treatment in patients with mild hypertension as grape seed extract is associated with the decrease in systolic and diastolic pressure. According to a study, this nutrient-rich supplement may decrease bad cholesterol to an unremarkable degree especially when taken by high-risk populations.
    • Better heart & heart functions: Studies suggests that ingestion of high dose procyanidins causes an increase in blood flow. Thus, these supplements help in regulating blood circulation and in improving cardiovascular health. They increase intracellular vitamin C levels and strengthen capillaries, thus improving blood oxygen circulation throughout the body.
    • Improves overall well-being: Grape seed extract is considered a master antioxidant as it contains 95% OPC, which is more than any other antioxidant extract. Thus, grape seed extract improves the overall health and immunity.
    • Healthy & Younger Skin: Grape seed extract benefits include its unique property of free radical scavenging, which helps fight cell damage caused by harmful free radicals. This property protects skin from UV radiation damage. As a potent antioxidant and improver of overall blood circulation, this supplement is believed to provide the best nutrition for the skin. It guards the skin against sun damage, which causes aging of the skin.
    • Protects Eyes: Grape seed extract quenched free radicals and protects retinal cells. In a recent study, it was proved that polyphenols offer benefits to eye health through the ability to reduce macular degeneration along with decreasing visual stress caused by computer screens.
    • Positive effect on leg swelling: According to a study, it is hypothesized that OPCs can decrease leg swelling during prolonged sitting, which may be a causative factor for varicose vein thus grape seed extract help in reducing leg swelling.
    • Role in Diabetes: OPCs protect pancreatic cells from lipotoxic effects (death induced by lipids) thus aiding normal insulin secretion. Also via complex interactions with glucose uptake, they may augment or mimic insulin according to studies.
    https://www.bestsourcenutrition.com/blogs/news/grapeseedextract-10-remarkable-health-benefits

One can buy the most costly Grape Seed or a good quality mid price brand. That's what I have done forever.

I just bought a new bottle of Now Foods 250mg caps and I take 1 per day and it cost me $18 plus change. 90 day supply.

8. Thomas Windom

Registered

There are many publications about grape seed extract and it’s many benefits. Again however, it is not a panacea. Unfortunately for all of us, nothing is. We all die.
    https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.4137/NMI.S32910

You, and others interested, can peruse the scientific literature on it here:
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,21&q=health+benefits+grape+seed+extract&btnG=

9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The FDA supposedly requires rigorous testing to pass a new drug. They didn't for covid vaccines and the anecdotes are still coming.
    10,000 0f us were going to stand up in court (affidavits) for the seller of Cansema to prove efficacy and safety but were not allowed. Not only was he sent to prison for selling such a substance (that would cure skin cancer but without 'testing') but upon moving to Equador for non extraditon, the US went down, kidnapped him and threw him in prison again.
    The ingredients can be mixed up in the kitchen so could not economically be put through testing and patented.

10. Joy Martin

Registered

Then Thomas don't take it, you and your panacea comment, you continue with it. What do you believe won't help for you or maybe you don't need health support.

And I've said t hose who take Pharma Blood Thinners can't take both.

11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

There is a choice. People who got free from the drugtrade, enjoy better life and health for themselves and their families and friends and neighbors . No one is 'forced' to get free. It is a choice.

12. Thomas Windom

Registered

I told you, I’ve been taking it for decades but beneficial does not mean cure-all.

I’m against forced treatments. That said, show me your data, your scientifically verified evidence, that those free from use of commercial pharmaceuticals are enjoying a better life. It’s an obtuse statement since many, many of the “natural” things people take are pharmaceuticals in the raw, subjected to much less scrutiny that regulated drugs. Many of those same natural compounds are less pure versions of pharmaceutical grade drugs. Again, believe what you want, do what you want, there is still a modicum of freedom left in the country. However, don’t expect to change minds and win hearts by just making unsupported claims.

Please list which normally required testing was omitted. Here are the clinical trial summary for Pfizer, the one most people complain about. If you’re not talking about clinical trials, what are you talking about?

https://www.pfizer.com/science/coronavirus/vaccine/about-our-landmark-trial

13. Joy Martin

Registered

More talk on Cataract history for me.

Back about 20 yrs ago, I was in my 60's I was told by an eye doc that cataracts were coming....so I got to work and upped the Vit C, got on board with Lutein and stayed for sure with Grape Seed Extract I had been taking already...

Well now at almost 85, over 20 yrs later, I have started to have blurry issues in my right eye.

I've added homeopathic drops and just found a new product Natural Opthalamics RX Cataracts. I'm on this new one about a week and too soon to know IF they are doing a good job. I DO NOT WANT eye surgery. Yeah I know millions are done.

I may have posted the above wrongly.

14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

When I look up at my ceiling light and it is fuzzy, I cut way back on carbs. Already cut out sugar and most carbs. It helps.

John Brunner likes this.