Grilling And Chilling

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Faye Fox, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Grilling with Faye

Zucchini preparation
    Cut in long slices and microwave 2 minutes
    Brush on olive oil on both sides
    Salt, pepper, and I apply a sprinkle of hot Spanish paprika
    Get on the grill

Hot Dogs
    I prefer all beef, Angus if available, no nitrate and no nitrite.

I ate the all zucchini side first and it was great. The dog on the zucchini side was amazing!
    Notice I added mustard, ketchup, and relish. I am tired now so for the chilling part, I will
    just have a bowl of ice cream. I wish I had the attitude to make home churn.
    IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It looks like my Fiestaware plate, but mine are the pink and turquoise colors.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why yes, it does. :D I was so busy staring at the hot dog and zucchini that I totally overlooked the plate.

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I have both those colors (both favorites) plus eight others. Fiestaware is such fun. I bought it in various colors to go with my depression glass "Banded Ring" that I have in all kinds of color bands. It looks so spectacular with the fiesta.

R.jpg
    192069052932.jpg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  6. Yvonne Smith

Bobby really likes to make hot dog sandwiches, and I found this little hot dog maker on Amazon and have ordered it for him . It looks like it would be a very easy way for him to have his hot dogs with a regular hot dog bun and not just plain bread.
    I know that this is not exactly grilling, but it is still in that category of an easy meal.
    I have all kinds of toppings to put on the hot dogs, too !
    I really enjoyed it when we used to go to Sam’s Club and have their hot dogs, so this will be something similar, and I may have one now and then myself.

D666CFB6-786A-4FD0-A502-DF1ADA26BB59.jpeg

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yum; these hot dogs are making me want one. My favorite is a "slaw dog," which is a hot dog that is deep fried, placed on a toasted bun, and covered in fresh cole slaw. I also used to like the "Chicago Dog" at Sonic but I don't know if they still sell those. We have a James Coney Island not too far from here but my husband doesn't like hot dogs (gasp) so we never go there.

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hot dogs are one of my staples, but wife seldom enjoys them. She will eat them occasionally, but since she doesn't eat grain of any kind, she wraps them in a coconut wrap and it can get messy, or she just eats them with a fork with relish and mustard. I use sauerkraut if we have a jar open in the fridge. I usually just grill the zucchini. We are nearing the end of zucchini season here, but we still get a few. I may try your idea of nuking first, @Faye Fox to see if it is better.

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith I wonder how easy it is to clean? It must have a grease trap for the hot dog drippings. I am eating leftover hot dogs and baked beans at this very time. Thanks for not letting this thread die. I thought grilling might attract some attention, but I guess not. It is 102 here with 10% humidity today so I think I will put a cast iron skillet out in the sun and later fry a couple of eggs for dinner.:D

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It helps soften them so the salt and other spices can soak in before grilling. They also do not get as tough. I usually just have a hot dog sliced up, no bun, with ketchup and mustard. That is what I am eating right now for lunch.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

The hot dog cooker does have a drip tray on the bottom, similar to what a regular toaster has, and you can also take out the little gadget that holds the hot dogs in the toaster.
    I like my hot dogs with everything on them …….ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, sauerkraut, and mayonnaise ! They have all of that stuff at Sam’s club when you get their hot dogs at the lunch counter.
    I also like what used to be called “coney dogs”, but now seems to be called chili dogs, which have chili instead of the sauerkraut, but otherwise, I put all of the other toppings on those, too (plus shredded cheese).

Here is a little video with a guy making hot dogs in one of these cookers.

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We had hot dogs, Baked Beans, Kraut, Relish, Mustard, of course Hot dog rolls, last night for dinner. We don't have an outdoor barbecue yet so they were grilled inside, on our stove. We have two favorite brands of hot dogs that we've been using for many years, One is very popular on the hot dog wagons in this area. The last few times we've had hot dog There just didn't seem to be any taste didn't matter the brand. The flavor was missing, The only taste was the toppings. My wife feels the same way, just wondering if because of our age if our taste buds are changing?

Faye Fox likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We got two Sonic 6 inch Chili-Cheese hotdogs yesterday. We grill, but not that much. Certain meats aren't the best for kidneys and hotdogs are one of those meats, so we watch it.
    As for zucchini, definitely not for either of us!

14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Grilling safety tips from the CDC

Screenshot_20230528_035845_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thomas Windom likes this.