Guide To Censorship On Trans Issues

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Dwight Ward, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

There was no forum called Devolution Of Language so I put this topic here. Note the phrase "avoid false balance". Follow these instructions to avoid being a Nazi (patriot).

https://www.infowars.com/posts/ap-i...n-words-when-referring-to-transgender-issues/
    Excerpt:

The Associated Press Stylebook, used as a style manual by most media outlets, has been updated to include a “Topical Guide” for transgender coverage.
    The guide says writers should use “unbiased language” when referring to trans people. It also says writers should “avoid false balance” by “giving [a] platform to unqualified claims or sources in the guise of balancing a story by including all views.”
    “A person’s sex and gender are usually assigned at birth by parents or attendants and can turn out to be inaccurate. Experts say gender is a spectrum, not a binary structure consisting of only men and women, that can vary among societies and can change over time,” the guide further states.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For almost six thousand years Adam and Eve were man and woman, and any baby born was obviously a boy or a girl.

Now the devil has orchestrated an abomination for mankind, another abomination among many.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So there is no science?

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Dwight Ward

Registered

Pardon the wordplay but science has become political science. When science has to align with an ideology it is no longer science.

5. Dennis Compton

Dennis Compton Active Member
    Registered

There are two sciences. One for climate change which is sacrosanct and one for transgender which is made up as you go along.

6. John Brunner

You can always combine the two. "Tell me if that is a woman or a man. You're getting warmer. You're getting colder...."

By the way: Welcome to the forum, Dennis! If you care to introduce yourself so we all know you've arrived (and so you can see the intros of others to get a feel for who we are) we have a place to do that here.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  7. Dwight Ward

Registered

It's good news, really. No longer will anyone need to go through a painful process of self discovery in order to define themselves and know themselves as intelligent and moral beings. Instead, the powers that be will tell you who you are.

What could be easier than being trans-human?

Bobby Cole and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. John Brunner

The 4th District Court (out of my state capital) has ruled that Gender Dysphoria is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Federal law now formally protects transgender people who experience anguish and other symptoms as a result of the disparity between their assigned sex and their gender identity. This case was brought by a man who sued Fairfax County police for jailing him with other men. (If it had been me, I would have told them that I identified as "Free.")

It’s a very important and positive ruling to increase people’s access to gender-affirming care,” said Rodrigo Heng-Lehtinen, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality.

"Minor Attracted Persons" are gonna be next.

edit to add...This is a remark from calmer heads:

Who actually is "the Court" here? In this case, it's a 3-judge panel. It was a 2-1 split. In such a case (just as with pro-2A cases in the 9th), the decision will be "petitioned for rehearing" en banc. This isn't an "appeal", but rather a request to have the entire court (there are 15 judges on the 4th Circuit) to rehear the case. Oftentimes, on en banc, you get a much more realistic reflection on what that particular court actually thinks. In other words, you can get two nut job judges via luck of the draw pretty easily. It's much harder to get 8.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Dwight Ward

Registered

Marjorie Taylor Greene has introduced legislation to make it a federal crime for surgeons to disfigure children who have been propagandized into trans-thinking and have been convinced that they are the sex that they aren't.
    It's really happening in this country that 10 year old boys are being castrated and 14 year old girls are having their breasts removed - all to satisfy some very twisted people who follow a very twisted ideology.
    There is a major effort underway to cause the everyday guy to question his identity, his morals and his understanding of the world. If that succeeds fully such a person would be rudderless and ready for any tyrant that comes along. If it succeeds partially such a person would suffer under severe self-doubt and be hampered in defending his own freedom.

10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

This entire nonsense has become so blown out of proportion that as far as I can see, soon, the world will we crawling with a bunch of "Its." More likely, nit wits. That the educational community is pandering to all this is beyond sickening.

11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

But I just decided I am a Pony!!!! I am disabled, obviously because I only have two legs!

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

More crap generated by the powers-that-be to distract us from what they are really doing to our society. I wonder if the bulls and boars of the animal kingdom have this problem?

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Funny you should say that. I went to a private school taught by nuns. In one class (sex ed?) a nun said proof that homosexuality was not natural was that animals did not 'do that'.
    Uhmmmm I was quite surprised when I started work at a dairy farm and was told to keep an eye out for any cows that were bulling--jumping another cow. They did artificial insemination and needed to keep track of cows in heat--those that were bulling.
    Proof it is natural:rolleyes:

14. Dwight Ward

Registered

You're a pony. I've been told I'm a dog by some ill-tempered women. Do you believe in cross-species dating? I have oats.

It would be a real dog and pony show !!

15. Dwight Ward

Registered

Someone ran into me in a parking lot and dented the side of my car. Instead of getting it fixed I just pretend to myself that's it's factory perfect. I guess that makes me a transfender.

Yeah, it's a stupid joke. I can't do any better.

Don Alaska and Lois Winters like this.