Happy 2022!

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Joe Riley, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    [​IMG]
    WAKE UP....GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.....DRESS UP.....EAT UP.....ITS TIME TO PARTY!:cool::):D;)o_O:rolleyes::oops::p:eek:

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

“Can you describe him?”
    [​IMG]

Tony Page and Shirley Martin like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

The only place we knew that had a Senior New Year's Eve Party, and we never went, was the Queen Mary. It is docked in Long Beach, CA. It was a Black-Tie Party and hosted a full orchestra. Only problem, from what we heard, most of the people were in their later 70's into their 80's. Just too old for us.

And, now with this Covid 19 thing going on, no matter how many party's were happening, including any for Seniors, we wouldn't go.

Tony Page likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

New Years, Past.....

When my Parents were young, and I was much younger, my brother & sisters, and I observed New Years Eve from a distance. It was mainly an adult holiday. As we got older, we would get to bang two pots together to make noise at "Midnight". Guy Lombardo would stop by, in the background, on the radio. We would be in bed following our "early celebration", and stirred when the real midnight arrived with gusto.
    New Years.jpg
    In later years, Dick Clark Joined Guy Lombardo, and we would have a punch bowl with ginger-ale and rainbow sherbet in it. We would get the board games out and watch the ball drop on TV, eating crackers with pineapple cream cheese.

As a younger married couple with 4 kids, my Wife & I carried on with family celebrations, even dragging out the Guy Lombardo record. Games were the high-light, and as they grew older, our kids enjoyed playing "Pit" and Playing charades using 45 rpm record song titles, fished from a bag.
    [​IMG]
    As seniors, we have quieted down a good bit, but we still watch a movie, and when we can find pineapple creamed cheese, have it with crackers. We throw in some wine or White Star champagne, along with shrimp, etc. Why, we still pull out that very same guy Lombardo LP Record! The pots & pans, however, stay in the sink!;)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

1958 New Years Eve Babysitter - Thornton Utz

[​IMG]

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

In the words of Columbo........

Just one more thing, I remembered about New Years.....In the early days of TV, when we called it by its full name: Television....a live show was a Detective show starring Roscoe Karns as Rocky King, Homicide Detective (1950-54). The gun he carried and used, was a "cap gun". When the "bullets" were flying, so was the cap paper!

I mention this because in the apartments we lived in in the early 50s, we would open the kitchen widows, that overlooked the city, and make our noise. The guy who lived upstairs, would open his kitchen window and, if we timed it just right, we would look up and see his arm come out...and he would fire his pistol. Maybe he was firing blanks, but sometimes, I would swear it was a cap gun! Funny, but I didn't know Rocky King lived upstairs!

Rocky King
    [​IMG]
    "The Rocky King, Inside Detective TV show was a 30 minute crime drama series on the DuMont Network about the head homicide detective on the New York City police department. Rocky was ever vigilant in his efforts to solve the worst crimes in the Big Apple".

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Shirley Martin

Registered

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

THE NIGHT BEFORE NEW YEAR'S Read Aloud

"It's the night before New Year's, and the whole family is determined to stay up until midnight! Can they make it until the clock strikes twelve? Listen to this fun kids story read aloud!"

Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Registered