Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I was able to host 22 of my family members to a wonderful dinner in the private dining room of my Assisted Living facility. No big family dinners this year.

T DAY 2017.jpg

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry to read that Lon. If sharing Thanksgiving with the whole family is a yearly thing, then not having one this year must be a great letdown.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks nice, Lon. (And no dishes to clean up!) Sorry you won't get to enjoy that gathering this year.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

We are not gathering at my house for Thanksgiving this year, either. I'm thinking about postponing Christmas until spring. It's not about the day, anyway. If we gather in the spring, we can do it outside with folding tables. There will be a lot more room to distance. Maybe the virus will be died down some by then, I sure hope so.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Registered

There have been other years as well due family members traveling so it's nice when we can but no disaster if we can't.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Lon Tanner

Registered

Unlike the past two years where we residents could have family or friends join us in the dining room for a lovely dinner or go to family or friends home, we will now have the option to have a full blown dinner brought to our apartment or have a meal by our self in the dining room. I will have my solo dinner in my apartment. 22 of my famliy will be at a cabin at Shaver Lake for dinner and the weekend.

7. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Lon,
    I have been wanting to wish you and alllllllll the people on this site a Happy Thanksgiving if I don't get a chance to tomorrow. I will always make the dinner even if I am the only one attending and I always want to make enough for leftovers. You will be in my thoughts.
    ; )
    I am thankful my hubby and one of my daughters will be here. Others we invited are quarantined! A niece came to visit them and her partner had covid.

Yvonne Smith and Von Jones like this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Registered

Thank you so much Mary and wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Thanksgiving

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I hope you can manage to have a nice Thanksgiving nevertheless, Lon. I will either be spending Thanksgiving alone or with a bunch of people, most of whom I don't know. My wife is running a drug and alcohol recovery center, and they will be offering Thanksgiving dinner to any of their clients who need a place to go where drugs and alcohol won't be a part of the festivities, so she will be there. I could go and take part in that, and I probably will, but I most likely won't stay long. We'll be doing our own Thanksgiving here at home the following day.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Yvonne Smith and Von Jones like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, Lon, but (in red) is exactly what American's are being told not to do. Question is, does Americans want to slow down the progressiveness of this virus or not. Way too many Americans are basically saying, "I don't care. I'll do what I want to."

Von Jones and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  11. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah, and no two ways about it: Wear your masks, folks, or suffer the consequences, especially if you're getting together with a group of folks, indoors.

I wear two masks, and they give me a far superior level of protection than those wearing porous cotton masks or single surgical masks.

Here's what you do: Buy a pack of 3M N95 masks, preferably without the exhalation valve. Yes, they're hard to find, but you can find them if you look hard enough. Cut the (around the neck, over the back of your head) loops off. Fit the mask to your face, carefully. Put a surgical mask over the N95 mask, and secure it to your face using the ear loops. Put on safety glasses, as there is some evidence that CV19 can enter through your eyes. Done!

For fifteen years, I tattooed and pierced clients while I was wearing the above. I never caught anything from any of them, as far as I know, and I was VERY close to the most private parts of their bodies.

Don't look for excuses. Don't be ideologically offended. That's nonsense! If we are going to stop this damn virus, we need to keep it from infecting us. Wear your masks!

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I've started our Thanksgiving dinner so I'm on a mission. It will be just the two of us and not expecting any visitors tomorrow.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving day @Lon Tanner and enjoy what I know will be a delicious dinner.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We probably have a dozen threads about masks, and not everyone has drunk the Kool-Aid. This thread is about Thanksgiving, and there's no good reason to try to make someone feel guilty because of what their family is doing.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Lon Tanner

Registered

Thank you Von and enjoy the day.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope everyone has a pleasant and safe Thanksgiving, even though this year will certainly be different from most. Our family gathering will be held this year at my brother-in-law's home instead of my mother-in-law's. I have elected to not attend because I think it's foolish and I also believe my little MIL doesn't need to be in a crowd... but apparently I'm the only one who thinks this way. :rolleyes:

Our oldest daughter and grandson invited themselves to come and stay with us, and I'm not very pleased with that, either. So my husband, daughter and grandson will pick up MIL and drive to BIL's home tomorrow while I stay home by myself. (Which is fine with me because I actually like a quiet day.) I will be sending the side dishes I signed up to make but that's as far as my involvement goes this year.