Has The World Ever Been In Such Trouble As It Is Today?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Marie Mallery, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think it has if we consider all the things going on at once now.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think the world has been in much worse shape at several periods in human history, but the U.S.A. may not have been in worse straits since the Civil War.

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Worldwide extinction of animals, worlds crop lands depleting,volcanos ,floods etc.etc,etc..Has never been this widespread or bad.Crime is also rampant. The environment is not good either.
    I've seen native plants disappear in last 20 years at alarming rate just here on our property.We had all kinds of native plants when we first moved here that are no longer .

Evem more disturbing than all of the above is the insect population is dwindling. We had all kinds of beutiful butterflys and bees that hung around .Haven't seen a Monarch Butterfly [ remember what Einstein said about them? | in a few years now or bubble bee, even honey bees are gone.We had lots of honey bees from bee keepers in the area,not anymore.
    No things are not the same and I'm no tree hugger but also not blind to the changes.

I guess it doesn't do any good to acknowledge it anyway. Nothing we can do about it but plan as bestwe can.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

With the way today's media and social media is, everything is told and talked about. Didn't have social media years upon years ago and news media didn't cover everything then either.

If someone takes a toothpick out of their mouth and drops it on the sidewalk, it's almost guaranteed that someone will be taking an iPhone video of the person dropping it there. That video winds up going to the news media and on every social media online there is.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thisis true too but what I see with my own eyes like plants and animals disappearing is also true.
    Things are changing all over and its not just in some places.
    I hope I'm wrong because I have lots of kids,grands and greatgrands that will have to live in this world.

6. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I’m reading a book on World War 2 which was more terrible, but at least we were all on the same side at home.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Correct.

For instance, at least during wwII the usa doctors were allowed legally to cure people. They are not allowed to since the fifties now, and deception is overwhelming of all the people.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Looks like a hard rains gonna fall alright.

9. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I know things are in far worse shape than at any other time in my life. I only need to take a deep breath, outside, to understand how horribly we've fouled our nest! Pollution, wars, "new" diseases, terrible crimes, everyday, close to home, etc., etc.

I used to be unable to contemplate my own mortality without getting very, very sad. Now, when I think of "leaving," my spirit actually lightens, and I feel a bit happier. THAT, alone, is a sad comment on the world, such as I see it.....

10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I do understand .I was just thinking on these terms yesterday, not so much afraid of dying and that is scary too.

Don Alaska and Trevalius Guyus like this.
  11. Marie Mallery

Registered

A few years ago I read the story of Geroge Washington 'very detailed' and it was terrible wars in that one too.

12. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

EXCELLENT! I've identified with the individual telling that story. Here, I'm referring to the song's story teller, not Dylan.

I'm fairly well-traveled, and I've seen and experienced so much, in my life. I, too, have come to the same conclusion as the character singing of his life experiences.

I believe Mother Nature has had her fill of our species. She is making greater moves, these days, to rid this planet of us. All other living things, except our obligate parasites, will be far better off once we're gone. I have no doubts about that......

Marie Mallery likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I sure don't have any answers but it seems we have long been breeding and using others far too long.

'SOME' Christians think you should give to t the poor, but I read that is only those who are poor through no fault of their own.

2 Thess.3;10................
    Warning against Irresponsibility
    …9Not that we lack this right, but we wanted to offer ourselves as an example for you to imitate. 10For even while we were with you, we gave you this command: “If anyone is unwilling to work, he shall not eat.” 11Yet we hear that some of you are leading undisciplined lives and accomplishing nothing but being busybodies.…
    Berean Study Bible · Download
    Cross References

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

There have been horrible things going on throughout history. People have made a mess the most. At least natural things can be cured by nature. Our pollution stands above all else.
    Cruelty is in nature. But ours should be unacceptable.
    The worst times have been when societies were into Empire building-- for the subjugated.
    We are now allowing ourselves to be subjugated!! by being distracted by mandates, wars in other countries which have been happening in Africa, all along, figuring out what sex we are... When we finally figure out how to stand up and fight , it will be too late with surveilance and removal of private guns.
    IMHO

15. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No opinions needed nor helpful I think. The answers are readily available, pure and truth.

Who anywhere here remembers three thousand member assembly with not one sick, not one hungry, not one without clothes or a place to stay - a group always daily with complete joy and peace and living as one with God ? Not one, by the way, trusting pharmakeia, not one on welfear, not one on the doles of the government.