Have You Ever Had A Flash Forward ?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by D'Ellyn Dottir, Aug 6, 2021.

1. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Flash forward is probably not a well known term, given that I may have just made it up. :D I'm meaning something sort of like a premonition, but smaller and strictly personal. Here's what I mean.

The other day when I decided to go out to lunch, as I was driving to the restaurant, using the same route I always use to get to this place, my mind started presenting me to a vision of an unrelated building. There was no urgency or emotion attached to the vision, it was just a wondering. I couldn't place the building of this vision, but it looked familiar. Why was I remembering that now? It wouldn't go away so I started trying to figure out where it was and why I'd been there before. No clue. Weird.

So I come upon the restaurant I'm going to, but the sun is in my eyes and the place is on my left and there's ton of traffic and I miss the driveway. OKay, no problem. I've done that before, I know what I need to do -- go on up to the light, turn left, turn around at Arby's, come back to the restaurant. But nope, I'm in the wrong lane for Arby's. Have to keep going up to the next light.

AHA, and there is the mystery vision building. It's a daycare up a hill from that light. I've used their parking lot before to turn around when I've missed this restaurant.

Apparently something knew I was going to miss it again, and was giving me a flash forward vision telling me so.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Flash Forward or premonition pretty closely related.
    A few times over the years I've had experience where I was thinking of someone and within the next few minutes I received a call from them. Another version of this is I'm about to call someone, and the phone rings and it's them on the line.
    The one mystery I wish would get resolved is I have a recurring dream of a room with a lower panel that comes off, exposing a hidden room. I must have had this dream about 20 times over the last 40 years or so.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've had this happen lots of times.

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@D'Ellyn Dottir

You aren't "losing it", are you?

Frank

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, many times. Even in the dreams, answer to situations can appear.

6. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've had smaller things happen as what Tony mentioned. I'll think of someone and soon after, I'll hear from them. Or I'll get a song in my mind, turn on the radio a short time later and that song is playing. Emails are also good. Especially a friend I have in Thailand. I'll think of her, after not being in contact for some time and usually with an hour or so, she'll send an email my way. It happens so spontaneously though, it's not anything that I control. It used to give me pause but since it's happened so many times, through the years, I now just go with the flow.

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I forgot about the music coincidence. On occasion just before I put the radio on I'll hear a tune and it will be on the radio with same exact song. Makes me feel like I'm hearing the radio frequencies inside my head.

Jack Roberts and D'Ellyn Dottir like this.
  8. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Another strange happening let's call it a coincidence for lack of a better word, while in the car and stopped at a traffic light the lamp post light closest to the car will go out. This is happened at least once almost every time we went out and we're stopped for traffic light or a full stop. Because it happened often my wife and I would look at each other and hum the Twilight Zone Theme Song.
    It's been a long while since we experienced this because of covid.
    Strange things are happening, not everybody is tuned into it though.

9. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Jack Roberts and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've had that happen, too, but not necessarily every time. But often enough that I noticed.

Jack Roberts and Tony Page like this.