Have You Ever Lived A Dream You Had

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Krissttina Isobe, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I had a dream that I actually lived through and it happened only once in my life. I dream of falling off a cliff so I feel better about dreams. I lived through one dream that I had about a year and a half ago. I was actually at a place where I dreamed of and realized that this was in a dream also. It felt like I had been here before when in fact this was my first time being there, but had been at the place in my dreams. When I was young I dreamt of being chased and falling off a cliff because I had no other option. I stopped dreaming of falling off a cliff long ago, thank heavens! :D

Joe Riley and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Many of us dream of winning the lottery. One dream I had, I won the lottery. it was so vivid I even remembered 2 or 3 of the winning numbers when I woke up. well, I played those numbers and several others, and for some time, nothing happened. I gave up on those numbers and started letting the machine pick my numbers.
    Long story short, I was at rock bottom. Owed everyone money. creditors were calling me at my job. I was about to be fired, or thought I was. Then one Saturday night, I had enough right numbers to win $100,000 dollars. My dream had finally come true.
    That was in 1994. Once again I'm broke, but, I learned one thing through all that. Money isn't the source of real happiness.

3. Cheryl Torrie

Cheryl Torrie Veteran Member
    Registered

I have had dreams that were not realistic but by interpretation where real. The night my father passed, I made a comforter bed on the floor next to my son's bed so he wouldn't be alone and I dreamt that a black bird was suffocating me. When I woke I was short of breath because the comforters had become tangled and they were choking me. Ever since then I have been afraid of birds and I don't sleep well. Would have rather one the lottery :)

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

I heard somewhere, if you dream you're falling of a cliff, but don't wake up before you hit the bottom, then your numbers up! :eek:

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

In my lifetime I have had several dreams that have come to past but my favorite ones are when I dream about pregnancies and the babies that are born to family and sometimes friends before they even get pregnant. :) My dream about a baby that came to pass was my very first child. I will come back and share some of those dreams...but right now my grandbaby wants all her Granny's attention and since this is one of the babies that I saw in my dreams before she was even conceived...I'm going to go give her that attention. :)

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I use to have dreams of being Superman, but had to settle for being Darth Vader for Halloween. Superman could stop bullets with his bare hands and I can stop them with my Lightsaber.......LOL.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The first dream I had about a baby that came to pass...was my very first child. About two years before I conceived this child I had a dream that I was just about to deliver a baby, in fact the head was crowning and the Doctor said: "Look at all that black hair." And then a baby girl was born and laid in my arms. That dream was so real when I woke up I actually thought for a moment I had that baby with me and when I realized I didn't I longed for her. Two years later when I became pregnant I didn't know the sex of my baby but when it came time for delivery, the head crowned and just as in my dream my Doctor said: "Look at all that black hair." And I told the Doctor that was my daughter...and she was! When they laid her in my arms she was the baby in my dream two years before.

I also had a dream while I was carrying my daughter. In this dream I was having my baby but I never felt any labor pain. I woke up and thought to myself that is impossible, as they don't even give you an epidural until you have dilated a few centimeters. But my dream did come true. I went for my regular visit on a Tuesday and when the Doctor checked me I started bleeding a little and he said that meant I was ripe and ready to have the baby...and that if he didn't me that night, he would see me at the Hospital in the morning. I went home never feeling any contractions, went to sleep that night and slept all through the night without feeling anything but when I got to the Hospital the next morning for inducement, when they checked me I was already 5 centimeters and had never felt one contraction or one bit of pain. They gave me the epidural right away and I went through the rest of my labor and delivery without ever feeling any pain at all....just like in my dream.

8. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know if it is true but old folks at home say that when you are a teenager, it is common for you to dream that you are falling off. And before you reach the bottom, you would wake up. That's the effect of growing, literally you are growing according to the old folks. And they would say that you will stop dreaming of falling off when you become an adult (past the growing age).

I remember a dream that I was singing the song Against All Odds. It was during a review of my training in the office that I dozed off in the living room. So early in the morning, my brother turned on the radio which was playing that song. In my dream, I was hearing the song so I sang with it. And I woke up still singing although the song on the radio is already finished.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Another dream I lived was when I dreamed we were moving and saw the exact place where my husband would be working, etc. A few months later my husband was promoted and we moved and when we checked out the place he would be working at...it was the place in my dreams right down to the last detail. :)

10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Dreams and dreaming must be the least truly and explainably defined of our lifes' experiences. See my "Invaders from Mars" post, and try to evaluate that! I still get goose-flesh thinking about it, 35 years later!

12. Sharla Skyspirit

Sharla Skyspirit Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, not only have I lived a dream I've had, I've also met people whom were in the dream. However, the meeting place was somewhat different than the one in the dream. Still, it was quite interesting sitting across from two people you had just dreamed about the night before to say the least.

Ultimately, we became friends and lovers and had a nice run when we all lived in the same place at the same time. Afterwards, we remained separated and out of touch for quite some time. Now, one is a friend on FB and the other on MySpace, I feel so Blessed to have dreamed up such wonderful people who always have, and always will have a special place in my heart. Even, if the two of them are no longer together, or any of us are lovers any longer, the fond memories and original dream remain an active and integral part of my life.

Cheers.

13. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't lived a dream I have had. I usually find my dreams so disjointed and nonsensical that they can't be translated to the real world. They are usually just bits and fragments of things that have crossed my mind during the day. Sometimes they might be things that I wish would happen, or things that are in the back of my mind, or my subconscious. These are the sorts of things that I dream about. This is just one of the common experiences of most people.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I've come to fear dreaming mostly, because lately my dreams have taken on frightening aspects, like lost on foot in a downtown of a big, unfamiliar city. I wonder if changes in dream content are common in old folks?
    Frank

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I've had dreams where I was either shot or stabbed and, somehow, woke myself up out of the dream. That's obviously one thing I don't want to have happen to me in real life.