Have You Had One Or Two Vaccine Shots? When?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Hal Pollner, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't had a shot yet. The VA called to schedule an appointment for the shot at the VA hospital in OKC.
    I told them I couldn't come to OKC for the shot but would wait for m nurse who comes once a month, to
    give me the shot. They asked if I was turning down the shot and I told them no, I was with the Home Health
    Care and would wait until my nurses could give me the shot. Later my nurse said they could not give the
    shot now butwhn a vaccine was available in a single dose they woud be able to give the shots, so I'm waiting.
    Don't know when that will be and neither do the Home Care folk.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That seems like an issue that the VA needs to address, @Bill Boggs . The VA was basically saying that unless you could get to the clinic, you were refusing the shot, even though it was a health problem that kept you from getting there. I am sure that you can’t be the only very who wants the vaccine (or other treatment), but can’t get to the VA.
    Some places have VA transport busses or the traveling medical busses that go to outlying places where it is too hard for the vet to get the the actual VA hospital.
    When I lived in Missouri, there was a traveling clinic that came to town maybe once a month, and they took care of minor issues that didn’t require hospitalization.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

They do have rides but I would need someone to go with me because I'd have to have a wheelchair and some one to push me.
    The VA h as wheelchairs but no personnel to shove you around and I anm too short of breath to roll myself. The hospital is a big
    place and I am too weak handle it myself. I know that sounds crazy but with out sufficient oxygen in the lungs, a person is immobile.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

If you went to court the judge would say ignorance is no excuse. Look at the latest facts please save yourself.1,265 died from the vaccine and 25,212 injured information from the CDC

ScreenShot_20210307081908.png ScreenShot_20210307081733.png

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Had the first Pfizer shot today at the county health department. No waiting, except they make you hang around 15 minutes afterwards. No side effects. Not even a sore arm, unless I flex my deltoids, which I never do anyway. :D Second appointment is on March 31st.

6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Judy and I now have our full measure of protection from CV XIX. :)

Hal

7. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My wife and I get our second shot in a week (day before the 1st day of spring). We have to drive out about 19 miles into the middle of nowhere to an old elementary school building that is now multipurpose, since a new school was build awhile back. I'll be glad when we're done with this, and can go about our normal business, which they say will be 2 weeks after the 2nd one.

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Good for you, Hugh!

9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Due to our (possible) upcoming snowstorm, my #2 has been rescheduled to the 20th of this month. Will wait until the middle-to-end of April before we decide to go inside a restaurant to eat.

11. Margaret Weber

Registered

I had both shot first one 2 days before Christmas and 1 21 days after. Hospital I work at administered the shots. No reaction to speak of.

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

I was told I'd get a shot when the VA got the one shot vaccine; my nurse could give it to me. Hopefully soon.