Healthi App

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Beth Gallagher, Aug 8, 2024.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Has anyone tried the Healthi App for weight/diet management? I am still trying to curb my carbs to keep from tipping pre-diabetes into something worse. I have used MyFitnessPal to track, but their database is such a gigantic mess from "user entries" that it's impossible to know whether the data is reliable. Sometimes when searching for a simple food I will get 2 pages of "user entries" and the nutrition info is all over the place. They really have a mess IMO... but I digress. (I do like the MFP interface, however.)

I was cruising around Reddit and noticed a discussion of the Healthi app, which has a free version. Apparently it has 6 different tracking methods, including carb counting, calorie counting, and a couple of Weight Watcher type plans where the units are measured in "bites" instead of points. (In WW, foods are assigned a point value and a person is allowed a limited number of points per day.) Of course the points/bites systems are not geared to carb restriction, but focus on guiding a person to make wiser food choices. (100 calories of broccoli vs 100 calories of chocolate are NOT the same "points" value!! :D)

I decided to download the app and was glad to see a version for the iPad. I really HATE dealing with apps on my phone... my eyesight isn't good enough to deal with the small screen and tiny keyboard. I have been poking around and made a few entries; so far it looks like a quality product. I tried making a "user entry" and it required me to take a picture of the nutrition information from the product package. No doubt that will make the data more reliable since there isn't a lot of room for user error. The app also has a barcode reader that will automatically enter nutrition data from food packaging.

All that to say, is anyone familiar with the Healthi app and if so, what do you think?