Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jake Smith, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

New here , just wanted say hi and thanks for having me. Look foward to getting to know y'all.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Howdy Jake and welcome, from Houston TX.

Marie Mallery and Jake Smith like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome. Now go do your thing, have fun.

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  4. Jake Smith

Registered

Thanks Beth and Marie, seems friendly and fun so far.

Beth Gallagher and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hello, @Jake Smith , and welcome to the forum ! i am a greeter here, so if there is anything that i can help you with while you are getting used to the forum, just ask.

6. Jake Smith

Registered

Thanks Yvonne, nice to meet you. So far I've just went around looking at all the topics and seeing what's here. Lots of good subjects and info. If run into a problem though, I will ask you for help for sure. Thanks

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcome from Virginia, Jake.

Nice boat. Been a while since I got my line wet.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Jake Smith

Registered

Thanks John, it's a good boat, and it's been a little while since I got my fishing line wet too. Planning on that changing though, soon as I am through with vehicle repairs. Need my truck to pull it to river, it's only a couple miles to river from here, and less than that, as the crow flies.

9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome Jake from beautiful but cold Maine

10. Jake Smith

Registered

Thanks Al, as hot as it's been here lately, the cold almost sounds nice.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello from northern Colorado (for now). In saying "ya'll", just where are you from? Don't hear that up in northwestern states here, well at least we don't.
    We have a 20 ft. 1992 Celebrity Cuddy Cabin, with a rather large 5.7L-V8 (Chevy 350) engine. It was originally sold in the state of Washington and used on Puget Sound. We bought it in 2009 in northeastern Florida and have had numerous repairs/new things done to it. When we lived in Colorado before, we done a lot of Rainbow Trout fishing on at a local reservoir, but had a different boat them that had a much smaller engine (4 banger) in it.

Marie Mallery and Jake Smith like this.
  12. Jake Smith

Registered

Thanks Cody, from Florida, for the last 25 years, and originally South Carolina , folks say y'all all the time from both states, kind of rubs off on you , I guess. Mine is a 18 foot jon boat, but serves my purpose for fishing pleasures. Use to have a 18 ft Larson cuddy cabin, and we went everywhere in that one, had a 75 evenrude on it. Had a 24 ft Seabird cuddy cabin , with twin 120's inboards , sunk a ton of money in it , and never really got to enjoy it like the Larson.
    Fished for rainbow trout in Georgia a few times. Good eating for sure.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

After leaving Colorado in 2007, we were in North Carolina/Huntersville for a year. After my wife got laid-off from her job, we headed to Jacksonville, Florida for the next 10 1/2 years. But, started missing mountains, Bull Elk, rodeo action and, believe it or not, winter snow. Turned out, even after 10 1/2 years, we most definitely couldn't be "Southerner's". So, in 2019, back to the Rocky Mountain State, but are now making possible plans for northern Wyoming.

IOW, Jake, to make it somewhat clearer, I spent, years ago, some 15 years in professional rodeo on a part-time/weekends only basis. Bought a horse and learned to rope. Don't have the horse or rope anymore, but both of us are very serious PRCA rodeo fans.

Our boat is an I/O, that, a few years ago we had a new block installed. Our last service was new spark plugs and a new prop. The boat now runs, on local lake, like a brand new boat. It has never run this good since we bought it in April 2009.

But, at least here, we don't have to worry about Tides or flushing out our outdrive each time we used it, like we did in Florida. Where we were, it was "brackish" water. IOW, 1/2 salt, 1/2 fresh. The St Johns River was nice, but could only take the boat out in high-tide times.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Jake Smith

Registered

Moved quite a bit there Cody, we lived in Jacksonville over 10 years, seems lots of crime there now , so i dont miss it, but did enjoy St Johns River a lot in that 1964 bLarson cuddy cabin, went everywhere even down town and some resturants , and concerts on St Johns. Glad your boat is running fine, this jon boat I have, has a 65 evenrude on it and runs fine, they're dependable motors that just keep on running.

I love horses , rode all my life since I was a kid, we even rode to grammar school on them .

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    Yvonne Smith and Marie Mallery like this.