Hi-goodbye Coffee Opens It's Doors To Seniors, Only

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Joe Riley, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The spokes-person for Cenior City, has announced today the spacious, 2 acre Senior Complex in the Village, has opened a new coffee shop, just for Seniors. It is called “HI-GOODBYE COFFEE” and is located near the corner of Walk and Don’t Walk. It will be open from 8 to 8, and will offer discounts Galore to Seniors, Only! The new juke box has been ordered and should be delivered in a few weeks!

My Uncle Al, and Aunt Flo will be running the place for the time being. My pal, Falcon, will be pearl-diving and an old dough-boy friend, Dave Sun, will be supplying the baked goods, and goodies.
    Pricing will be on the gentle side and tips are allowed. Hope to see you there! Stop by and chat, and be sure to check in and keep us posted on all the happy news in your day!;)
    images (2).jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi & Welcome!:) Virtually, the best coffee in town!
    coffee oil.jpg 1382046086.png

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

If you're early or late...the key's under the mat!:)
    Interior oil.jpg

Marie Mallery and John Falcon like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Seriously in need of a good cup of coffee today, friend Joe !
    We have had a busy day, and just finally settling down to relax a bit. Hope there is some chocolate raspberry left, maybe ? I am ready to be pampered.
    Bobby Cole and I went to the fitness center today, and just as we were going in the door, my dear friend , @Ina I. Wonder , called me.
    We hadn't talked for a while, so Bobby went on in and I sat and visited with Ina for a long time.
    Afterwards, I was debating whether I still had time to swim, and my phone rang again.

This time, it was our neighbor, @Joyce Mcgregor , and her car had broken down and she needed help. It was good that I hadn't gone in swimming, or I would never have heard the phone ringing !
    Anyway, we climbed into the old stationwagon, and went to the rescue. Bobby jumped her battery from ours, and the car started and she was able to make it home; but then it stalled again.

Bobby spent the next hour or so working on it, and it turned out that the alternator belt had come off, so it had been running on the battery until it finally died.
    Bobby needs a different set of tools to fix it; so Joyce's car is now sitting out in our driveway with the battery charger on it, and he will get the tools and (hopefully) put the belt back on tomorrow.
    So, truthfully, it is probably poor Bobby who deserves the cup of coffee, since he was the poor guy out in the rain working on the car all afternoon.
    Got two cups, @Joe Riley ?
    Bobby likes his plain (no chocolate raspberry), and I want mine with cream.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Yvonne! Good to see you! Uncle Al went and hired two waitresses last week. Rose and Daisy are there names, so I guess until Aunt Flo rounds up some flowers for the tables, Rose and Daisy will have to beautify the place.;) Rose will bring your chocolate raspberry with cream directly. We can pack up a cup for Bobby, when you are ready to say"Bye".
    Funny you mention car trouble...Al had to take the van into the shop to get a new tire put on yesterday. The tire guy called it a "doughnut", but Uncle Al corrected him. "One tire....Black"! Speaking of doughnuts, I gotta call Dave Sun for some baked goodies. Well, I'll go and have Rose round you up that coffee for Bobby.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

breakfast-specials-sign-4006-a.jpg
    Good morning! The place is humming this morning! Betty has a 9:30 hair appointment and a 3 O'clock at the Chiropractor's, so, I am getting an early start to the day. "Thanks, Daisy". Emmmm....good coffee! My list is shorter...help Rich put the tables and chairs away, at church. Seems there was a funeral luncheon, on Friday....and things are moving in the slow lane, as Summer begins to wind down. Had my eggs with, toast already, and read the funnies...so I will get moving while it is cool. Uncle Al is bragging about how Clyde from the AARP next door hand delivered their new cards yesterday. Clyde is looking for a free breakfast, I think.;) Bye,all!

Lois Winters and Nancy Hart like this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It takes all kinds!:)
    coffee-lover-5d24472p8-wingsdomain-art-and-photography.jpg

Lois Winters likes this.
  8. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Congratulations, Joe. Great idea for a thread. I'll go shopping later and bring some bakery items....I promise.
    Yvonne, you have had a busy day already. I'll send a cup of "Joe" your way.

Getting late in the camping season. About six weeks we will load up on coffee and head south again. Having my second cup of coffee, a glass of orange juice and a, believe it or not, a maple favored pancake, wrapped around a sausage, on a stick. Hey, can't beat it. I've got my bread item, my meat item and a stick I can use for a tongue depressor.

Later all. I ve got to shop for baked goods.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks,Dave! A tongue depressor in a Happy Talk thread? I guess it's OK!:D
    Dave is being modest, but he has many years of experience, as owner and chief baker at the "Sun-Baked Bakery"! ;)
    300x300.jpg
    One good thing about our Virtual coffee-shop, is the no hassle parking! We have access to the 150 car Free Public Parking Lot, at the corner of Walk & Don't Walk, just 4 doors away! I gotta go and clean the front windows!

Amie Ar and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, y'all. I'm sitting here sipping on my second cup of coffee. After I finish it, I'll go eat my bowl of cereal and a banana. Later I have to take the truck to get a tire patched and replaced so I can get it inspected. I need to get a sticker for the license plate. I need to go to the garden and pick okra and tomatoes. If there are any. When I went out there Monday, the deer had eaten many of the okra leaves. They have just about destroyed everything in my garden this year. I never even got one ear of corn. They ought to be some fat deer by now. :D Anybody know how to make deer jerky? :D

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  11. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Good day at the bakery. Today I'm rolling in dough. (Groan)
    Waiting for UPS to deliver my new smart TV. A 28 inch screen for the camper. The old one bit the dust the other day and we are totally Wi-Fi here. Will be nice to watch Netflix and Prime again.

I did get a chance to bake you all some ginger bread cookies. These go excellent with coffee. Almost time for lunch so bye for now. Dave

image.jpg

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good job, Dave! The fruit pies and angel food cake look good to! I'm pretty sure your ginger-bread men will march right outta here in the hands of our neighbors, the Silver Sneaker crowd, when they pass through today.
    [​IMG]

13. John Falcon

John Falcon Veteran Member
    Registered

Shirl. About a gallon of strong black coffee oughta do it.

Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi John, and welcome to Seniors Only Club! Thanks for dropping by the "Hi-GoodBye", to say Hi! Until you get settled in, the Dish washer position is still open, and yours if you want it. The kid that Flo hired last week, had too much on his plate, and just couldn't cut it. Talk to Flo on your way out. Oh, and that first gallon is on the house!;)
    hand_holding_gas_fuel_pump_nozzle_mug-r0ea83726a1fb4cee849113be26029468_x76x9_8byvr_324.jpg

15. John Falcon

John Falcon Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Joe. Since I'm retired, I'm not thinking about employment even tho the dish washer job is open.
    Couldn't do it anyway due to a skin problem, and latex gloves always leave me cold because I always keep thinking about my
    proctologist. I HATE it when he snaps those things on his big hands! Brrrrr!

Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.