Hover Preview

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Don Roles, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Don Roles

Don Roles Well-Known Member
    Registered

As a relatively new member I must say that the various operational utilities are very helpful without be cluttered and it is remarkably easy to navigate around the site but I have one suggestion / request that I would like some opinions on.

The preview that pops up when hovering over the thread title is great for telling what the thread is about but with many (actually most) threads having hundreds if not thousands of posts in some cases the current content often has little to do with said title.

Whats is the thought and possibility of making a similar 'pop up' of the current post when hovering over the 'Today at …..” link to the right of the thread? Yes we can obviously see what the current content is all about by visiting that thread but a quick preview by hovering would IMHO be great and may possibly increase participation, it almost certainly would increase mine!

What do you think?

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking the software is hardwired by the maker XenForo, and the forum owner is just stuck with whatever it is.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeh, that would be the right answer. I don't know if there's a way to make recommendations to XenForo for software improvements.

Ed Wilson likes this.