How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This morning at 7AM, it was 13 degrees outside, but by this Easter weekend, it will be in the mid 60's. Next week, we really warm up to almost 80. Getting ready to take the boat in for summerization and get the motor running good. Got our fishing licenses last weekend. IOW, "look out Rainbow Trout, here we come!"

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thank the dear Lord we are all done with the hurricane, tropical storm and high humidity stuff.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It hit 86°F today. It's not a record, but the "average for this date" is below 70°.
    Sunday night's gonna be in the 30s.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The front moved thru last night around 10pm and it rained hard and lots of lightening and boom boom. It was gone a lot faster than they were predicting even while it was actually taking place. I haven't peaked outside to see how much water is standing but it is still dark at 6:15am. I fed the cats and all three are running it off chasing each other and making a mess of my room. They can make more noise than you can imagine, but it will be short lived, they will all three snuggle up and nap for a couple hours so they can have a re-do at lunch. Must be nice

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Rotten!!! Cold with wind and icy cold rain. Typical early March weather in mid-April.

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Woo Hoo! 55 F. and sunny. Most of the snow is gone except in the gardens and orchards of course.... The spring frog chorus began today, and we did most of our grafting as we can get to much of the orchards now even though there is snow.

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have declared that spring has arrived here. The ice is gone from our lake (although not ALL the lakes in the area), the spring frog serenade has begun, and I had my first G&T on the deck.

Marie Mallery and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Glad it has finally been declared! Although I am not sure...Oh my, just figured out what a G&T is. I told you I don't drink any more. Would have thought that would have helped with the memory.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh My!!!
    The global warming people were right! Next week there are going to be four days in the high eighties!!! In Wisconsin! Before mid May! There has never been anything like it before!
    Well, maybe there has but I am sure I did not like it. I told hubby we would be punished for complaining about the winter cold. although this last winter was not as bad as the one before, we still complained. Be glad you won't be around here next week. Not because of the weather but because of the whining.
    We were cleaning up a bit yesterday, burning fallen branches, testing mowers...still have a bit of dead wood to cut up from wind storm last fall.
    A few months ago a kid on craigslist was looking to buy garter snakes. BUY garter snakes! I told him to wait till May and he could come and gather up as many as he wanted; and he emailed me May 1st! I have to get the tarps down so he can come and scoop them up now. Only stipulation is that he is not allowed to hurt them. You guys are all invited too. Should be enough for everyone--there always is.

10. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Spring is in the air, thats good, so far we have had some rain a couple storms [we needed ] and now its going to be a perfect spring week, lows in the mid to high 50s and highs in mid to high 80s.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We had a high of 87 yesterday! That is some 16 degrees above our normal May temperature. Today, Mother's Day, we will cool down to 76, but, by next Wednesday, up to 88 and then back down again.

At least our winter/snow is over.

And, have to add this, since it's definitely warmer now, all of the young folks that have multiple tattoos, are wearing shorts/short sleeves now to show off their ink. Sorry, but have to say "YUK!"

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Only 77 F here in Central Florida now, should get into mid 80s this afternoon. No rain in the forecast for the next week. It would be a great beach day if we both felt a little better.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Mary Stetler likes this.
  13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It rained all day Friday and Saturday for a nearly 2 inch total, however zero rain and sunshine predicted for the rest of the week starting today.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Ugh. It's already 94 in Houston and "feels like" 100.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

My goodness ,most of the time our weather is close to Houstons. We are just in mid 80s today.