How’s The Weather Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Ralf Mannheim

Ralf Mannheim Well-Known Member
    Registered

In SE Asia, it's around 25-30C year-round, with a dip to around 18C during cold periods.

About global warming, that refers to a slight (less than 1 degree) increase in surface temperature, but because weather is so complex, leads to major changes in climate; hence, climate change. I think the major changes essentially involves increased and decreased precipitation depending on the season, leading to too much or not enough rain, abrupt cold and warm spells, etc.

Faye Fox and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It hit 80 F. for the first time this year today. My son near Anchorage was also hit by hail that flattened his garden and punched holes in his porch roof and greenhouse. We sat on the deck until after 10 PM and watched the swans and the newly-hatched baby ducks.

3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Our temps are to go higher the next few days. It has been around 95 with the humidity for about two weeks. Some rain coming this coming week for three days but I've learned to stop paying attention to these long range weather reports due to being so close to the Gulf. It can change very quickly here so I hope we get that rain as the farmers also wish for it.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Local weather: "Temperatures will range from 100 to 104 degrees through Sunday and heat warnings may be issued as the heat index climbs above 108 degrees." :confused:

5. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

high and dry...the cornfields were just planted couple weeks back....high 90's to low '90's....got a cool down coming up...i can hardly wait for it

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

80 F. again today with no rain in the forecast. I nice warm day on the slide into winter.

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

It must have been hot today, I came in all sweaty and all I was doing was watering the garden with a hose. Still have to mow and clean barn but put that off till tomorrow. The weather is still doing that roller coaster thing. Hot today and tomorrow, cold a couple days, warm a couple days, hot..
    I was just thinking how green and pretty everything is and how we haven't started turning yellow yet. But we could use a bit of rain about now to keep things so green.

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Yesterday a thunderstorm came through about 3pm and was gone in less than an hour. According to the data it dumped 1.8" of rain, with wind gusting to 30 mph. And the power didn't go out! Supposed to be highs only in the upper 80's until Monday. :)

Grass was turning brown due to the heat and little rain. Now it's back to lawn mowing.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

76 degrees and RAINING!!! dance.gif We've gotten over an inch of rain so far and we're under a flood watch.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Sunny and warm for this part of Alaska, but there is smoke in the air from fires to our north and west.

Faye Fox and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Registered

The thought of fires scare me. It is mowed all around the farm, But hubby's house is in a woods and he piles branches and leaves around like a berm figuring to haul away, which he never does. I pile stuff onto tarps and haul it but he waits for the brush fairy.'
    Here's hoping for rain for all of us.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Another cool, rainy day. We got 2 more inches of rain today but it has moved on so the rain party is over.

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  13. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

F83BAC22-7426-4685-BC40-102329F901D0.jpeg 12c ~ 53f cold with a little sunshine..photo taken at 9 am

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

We live in fear of wildfires every year before the rainy season starts. Almost 2 million acres have burned in Alaska so far tis year. The air quality index in Fairbanks was over 500 a few days ago.

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Mary Stetler

Registered

:(

Faye Fox likes this.